WordPress 2.5 in TechMynd’s Opinion
Things Change; some for good. Software is bound to be updated also. Just got WordPress 2.5, installed it and looked inside. Well I would say that its a better and improved approach towards blogging. WordPress 2.5 stable version is available here for download. They are not releasing it for general public yet for a while and are waiting for user opinions.
What I have experienced I am sharing it here. Major updates are in administration section.
- New colors of course, but you can have old blue colors and administrative theme again if you want.
- Dashboard changed a bit. You can find Recent comments, Incoming links, Plugins and updates related to new releases right in your dashboard easily, beautifully arranged in sections.
- Presentation tab is removed. There is a new tab named as design there.
- There is no edit or delete text links in front of posts. You select a post by check box and then click delete button. For editing you will have to click at the post title and it will be opened for you in rich-text-editor to be edited. (Kind of easy for developers and advanced users but not for newbies…)
- Widgets section is changed also and it is better than before in my opinion.
- Overall performance is very fast.
- I like Rich-Text-Editor. Major changes seems to be in the rich text editor which can be easily spotted.
There is an Add Media section. WOW!!!
You can add;
Other media (i.e. pdf)
Embed Media (i.e. flash, flv etc)
and more… separately
They know that we need to add more media then just images, in blogs.
- You can insert special custom characters, block quotes and more…
- You can full screen your rich text editor. WOW!!! I like this one too.
- There are other elements too like built-in support for avatars.
Many other features are also available in new release. I am impressed personally by Rich-Text-Editor. Thumbs up for WordPress 2.5 and for coming up releases.