Windows Vista Essential Tweaks (Part I)
Windows Vista essential tweaks provide you some help about running Windows Vista as you want it. I will show you how can you change the name of Windows Vista registered owner. How to get information of Windows version and current Operating System and other relating information like user and physical memory. Moreover we will continue some tips about Vista in later parts of Windows Vista Tweaks to come.
Change The Name Of The Windows Vista Registered Owner
To view the registered owner of your Windows Vista operating system, click Start, type “winver“, and hit Enter. To change the registered owner information: (make sure you backup the registry before making changes)
- Click the Start Button, type “regedit” (Registry Editor) in the search box, and press Enter
- Click Continue to get past the User Account Control hurdle
- On the left panel, double-click to navigate to the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion
- On the right panel, double-click on RegisteredOwner
- In the Value Data box, type the new name that you want to appear as the registered owner, then click OK
- Double-click RegisteredOrganization, and type inthe new organization in the Value Data box
- Click OK
- Exit the Registry Editor, run winver again to view the change
Winver tells you the current Operating System and other relating information like user, physical memory etc.
For example: To determine the language version of Windows that you are using, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- Click All files and folders.
- In the All or part of the file name box, type winver.exe, and then click Search.
- When the file is located, right-click it, and then click Properties.
- Click the Version tab.
- Under Item name, click Language.
The language version information is displayed under Value.