Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Download
The Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 package includes all previously publicly released updates for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 helps keep your PCs and servers on the latest support level, provides ongoing improvements to the Windows Operating System (OS), by including previous updates delivered over Windows Update as well as continuing incremental updates to the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 platforms based on customer and partner feedback, and is easy for organizations to deploy a single set of updates.
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Beta will help you:
- Keep your PCs supported and up-to-date
- Get ongoing updates to the Windows 7 platform
- Easily deploy cumulative updates at a single time
- Meet your users’ demands for greater business mobility
- Provide a comprehensive set of virtualization innovations
- Provide an easier Service Pack deployment model for better IT efficiency
- Additional support for communication with third-party federation services
- Improved HDMI audio device performance
- Corrected behavior when printing mixed-orientation XPS documents
- Changes common to both client and server platforms
- Enhanced support for additional identities in RRAS and IPsec
- Support for Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
Your current operating system must be the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 (build 7600). Users updating through Windows Update/WSUS must install the Servicing Stack Update (SSU) that handles the installation and removal of software updates, language packs, and optional Windows features.