When its AdSense Policies Violation
While browsing I saw a website with AdSense displayed at it pages. The ads display was not the classic one which we see usually. I wondered whether it had been modified or tweaked a little bit. Out of curiosity, while carefully placing mouse over it, I saw the URL towards which it was pointing to. I will not disclose at what part I placed my mouse over to see the targeted URL and what website it was. I am sorry (I have not much authority over blogsphere). But the URL was pointing towards the Google-Adsense-Support-Contact-Report-Violation kind of place. I searched a bit and then found the Google Support Contact URL for reporting about policies violation. I read the instructions thoroughly and thought that it is important for every AdSense user to know these. I would request all AdSense users to please always read the Google guidelines and policies to be safe and play fair. The thing is, if you would try to be smart and do not play fair, I am guessing by the incident that Google always knows already and they will place a link pointing towards the report content violation form within Ads, so that anybody can report about the violation. I would like to share those main points with you as Google AdSense Team has described.
About Site Content
It is violation when the website contains the following:
- Pornography, adult, or mature content
- Hacking/cracking content
- Sales of illicit drugs, prescription drugs, and drug paraphernalia
- Gambling or casino-related content
- Violent content, racial intolerance, or advocacy against any individual, group, or organization
- Sales of weapons
- Sales of alcohol
- Sales of tobacco and tobacco-related products
- Copyrighted content
- When website is distributing someone else’s copyrighted material, possibly without permission.
Ad Code, Placement, or Behavior Violation
- When site is encouraging users to click on the ads.
- When the ad code on this site is modified.
- When the site is promoted through unsolicited mass emails.
- When the site places misleading images alongside individual ads.
- When it’s difficult to distinguish the ads from the content on this site.
- When there is mistargeted ads on this site.
- When the site tries to install something on user’s computer.
- When the website does not adhere to the Webmaster Quality Guidelines.
I want to add something in the context. Many many blogs are emerging with software downloading links which point to rapidshare. Those softwares are obviously with serial keys or cracks. That is also a violation. The webmaster may say that they do not have those softwares at their websites. They are linking to them. But we all know that any website owner himself can upload a cracked software at rapidshare like websites and link to it. I would request webmasters to be careful. This is a word of caution. I suggest webmasters who love to share softwares to link to the freewares, open source stuff etc.
Above all these points are genuine and directly taken from the violation report page of Google support which is here
Google AdSense Support Request Contact
More to Read
Read Webmaster Quality Guidelines here (Your website should meet the guidelines)
Read Program Policies here
Contact the Google here
Report a policy violation here (All the conditions are there which you should keep in mind)
Report an accidental click on your ad here
Report spam in your search results here
Report an inappropriate ad that you saw on a site here
Read Adsense help here