23 Twitter Tools for Firefox
Twitter Tools for Firefox will let you manage and use your Twitter account easily. Want to tweet based on more than 140 characters? Want to tweet without leaving webpage you are browsing? Or want a magazine like start page for twitter? Here is a list of some popular Twitter tools for Firefox.
- Friendbar – Friendbar makes it easy to keep in touch with friends on Facebook and Twitter. It displays a running stream of text and photo updates from Facebook and Twitter right on the browser toolbar, and allows you to post updates and reply from the browser toolbar itself.
- Twitter StatusBar – Twitter Statusbar provides a readily accessible input for twitting – allowing you to twit in just a few keystrokes. The input also collapses when not in use, for efficient use of your status bar.
- Twitter Toolbar – It has a text box where you can submit Twitter updates and save common commands or tweets – Just hit the enter button to save. Easy, fast way to post updates without leaving your page while browsing
- TwitterBar – TwitterBar is an extension for the Mozilla Firefox Web browser that allows you to post to Twitter from the Firefox address bar. Just type your tweet in the address bar and click the TwitterBar icon to send it to Twitter. You can also post the URL of the page you’re currently reading by clicking the TwitterBar icon in the address bar.
- Twitter Line – Twitter Line is an extension for Firefox that displays your Twitter time line on the toolbar as like as a head line (or ticker).
- DashBlog – DashBlog is a FireFox extension that lets you grab videos on any webpage and quickly post them to your blog.
- TwitKit – A sidebar cross platform Twitter client that breaks down into tabs for @replies, account stats, public timeline, sending tweets, your friends’ latest tweets and a list of all your followers.
- Feedly – A magazine style feed reader and start page that allows you to tweet about any post you read.
- TwitterFox – A Twitter client for Firefox that will allow you to see your friend updates, add your updates, retweet, delete read tweets and more.
- BlogRovR – A tool to help you see linked blog posts as you surf the Web. Send out tweets about what you are reading and share them with your followers.
- TwitBin – Opens up a Twitter client in your sidebar so you can send and read tweets without changing tabs or windows.
- Clipmarks – Clip parts of a Web page that you specifically want to share, and then share them with your followers.
- Yoono – Combine various social networks, instant messengers and other tools into your sidebar and send tweets.
- TwittyTunes – Works with FoxyTunes to submit the songs you listen to that you wish to share with the Twitter community. Post about sites and videos you are viewing.
- TweetStalk – Adds a “Stalk” button next to the “Follow” button on Twitter so you can follow someone without them knowing it. Can also create an RSS feed of their tweets so you can read them in your favorite reader.
- Mahalo Share – Share websites you find interesting at Twitter and many other services.
- Power Twitter – Power Twitter adds several features such as revealing the URL behind TinyURLs, embedding of YouTube videos, showing Flickr streams and a whole lot more.
- Twitter Search – This search plugin gives you quick access to the real-time Twitter search.
- StockTwits – A Firefox add-on that works with the StockTwits site. It will turn any StockTwits tagged tweets on the site into a link back to the StockTwits site so you can follow the conversation.
- Tw-autocomplete – Allows for auto-complete of Twitter usernames for @ and D messages as you are typing them on the Twitter site.
- TwitterEyes – Keep track of your characters entered. Shorten your messages
- TwitThat – A bookmarklet that lets you tweet about the Web pages you are reading.
- Twitzer – Tweet messages longer than 140 characters by adding a link to the overflow text.
Hiroshi is a senior web developer, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of TechMynd. You can subscribe to TechMynd's newsletter to receive free software, giveaways, technology news and updates in email. Become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter. Got any question? Contact us or visit us on our Google Profile.