Transfer Files or Backup Data In Windows 7 – Easy Way
Data Backup is very important. Consider the following cases:
- When you are transfering files from one computer to another
- When you want to backup our data as a safety precaution
Let’s discuss both these. So, how we can transfer files and backup data in Windows 7?
Transfer Files from One PC to Another Using Windows 7
We will use ‘Windows Settings Transfer Wizard‘. We just have to write ‘easy transfer‘ or ‘windows easy transfer‘ in the start search menu and the start menu will show the program straight away.
Windows Easy Transfer has three options to backup data.
- Easy transfer cable
- A network location
- An external device like external HDD or USB drive
Choose whatever option suits you.
Backup Data Using Windows 7 For Safety Precaution
- To get started with the backup process, in the start menu search, type ‘backup‘ and start the program called ‘Backup and Restore‘.
- Select ‘Set up backup‘ and the backup program will start.
- Select the destination first and then follow the instructions to take the data backup.