Top 10 Free Upload/Download Managers for MAC
Filezilla – FileZilla Client is a fast and reliable cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client with lots of useful features and an intuitive graphical user interface.
File Zilla Features:
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable transfer speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- Remote file editing
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5 and FTP-Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
RBrowser – Easy-to-use FTP – SFTP/SSH Remote File Management, File Transfers and Folder Synchronization.
- Remote File System Browser using SFTP-SSH,FTP-SSL/TLS
- Folder Sync on the Local Host
- Folder Sync from the Local Host to a Remote Host using SFTP-SSH or FTP
- Folder Sync from a Remote Host to the Local Host using SFTP-SSH
- Finder Info-Fork Data is preserved during Folder Sync or File Transfer to another Mac
- Remote-to-Remote File Transfers between any hosts, regardless of protocol
- Auto Protocol Finder for first time logins
- Intelligent SFTP-SSH protocol that uses the best of both tools
- SFTP-SSH access through firewalls with tunneling (SSH-Proxy)
- Column, List or Icon View in all File Viewers
- Easy downloads/extracting of URL’s
- Protocol Helper for browser’s or other apps
- Drag and drop file transfers between Local and Remote hosts
- Drag and drop file transfers between the Finder and all RBrowser File Viewers
- Direct secure file transfers between Remote hosts with SSH/SCP
- Change (su) to root or another user after login with SSH
- Full connection transcript attached to every viewer
- Easy to see progress monitoring in the dock icon
- Site aliases on the desktop, with direct launch
- All FTP Modes Supported: Binary, Automatic and Text
- FTP File Transfer Restart
- Local File System Browser
- Open, edit, and automatic saveback of documents in any application
- Support for Firewalls (SOCKS v5, and Firewall toolkits)
- Full MacBinary support
- Local printing of documents while editing
- Character set translation in the browser
- Automatic display of available file system space
- Computes sizes of folders and file systems
- Inspector window displays file attributes
- Change file group, file owner (if root) and permissions
- Set Type and Creator (on HFS+ only)
- Customizable appearance
- Automatic connection configuration
- Supports all document types known to local system
- Copy, move, remove, and rename files on remote system
- Compress/uncompress files or entire folders (both local and remote)
- Create/delete folders and symbolic links
- Duplicate files and folders
Cyber Duck FTP
CyberDuck – FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files & Amazon S3 Browser for Mac OS X. Cyberduck is an open source FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files and Amazon S3 browser for the Mac. It features an easy to use interface with quickly accessible bookmarks. The outline view of the browser allows to browse large folder structures efficiently and you can quickly preview files with Quick Look. To edit files, a seamless integration with several external editors makes it easy to change content quickly. Both Amazon CloudFront and Cloud Files from Rackspace can be easily configured to distribute your content in the cloud. Many OS X core system technologies such as Spotlight, Bonjour and the Keychain are supported and a large number of translations makes you feel at home.
NcFTP – NcFTP Client (also known as just NcFTP) is a set of FREE application programs implementing the File Transfer Protocol (FTP). The program has been in service on UNIX systems since 1991 and is a popular alternative to the standard FTP program, /usr/bin/ftp. NcFTP offers many ease-of-use and performance enhancements over the stock ftp client, and runs on a wide variety of UNIX platforms as well as operating systems such Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac OS X.
Classic FTP – Classic FTP is a fully featured, free FTP client available for Mac OS X and Windows. It has a “Mirror and Upload” tool which will scan a selected local folder and upload any files that do not exist on the remote folder. The application also allows you to synchronize navigation of a local and remote folder.
CrossFTP – CrossFTP is designed to be an easy-to-use client. It has a two-pane browser-like user interface which is simple to learn and use. Multi-tabs design facilitates managing and connecting multiple FTP sites simultaneously in a single window. It’s written in Java so it would work in any Java-enabled machine.
OneButton FTP – OneButton FTP is a graphical FTP client for Mac OS X with a strong emphasis on simplicity, drag and drop usability, and file queuing. It allows you to easily transfer files to and from remote servers, such as the ones hosting your websites, simply by dragging files to and from your computer. At the time of writing, this app is no longer supported by the author, but still works fine.
MacFusion – MacFusion is an open source Mac application that allows you to work with files on servers across the internet, as if they were sitting on your computer. Macfusion presents as a Volume in Finder. Macfusion works with SSH/SFTP and FTP servers. This app requires Leopard and Google’s MacFUSE.
Ubertragen – Ubertragen is a widget designed to transfer files, be it to a FTP server, to another Mac running Ubertragen on your local network (through Bonjour) or to one of your Bluetooth devices.
Fire Widget – Fire Widget is a drag and drop FTP upload widget with simple interface. Just drop a file, the gate slides up, the file gets transferred, and you are done.