Time Management Using Simple Excel Sheet
Manage time easily using “Simple Time Management Excel Sheet“.
Everybody has got a computer. Every computer has got Microsoft Office or Open Office Installed in it. This system is for everybody. From everybody, I mean everybody. Even a 10 years old should be able to understand and use this little software because its in Excel spread sheet. No complex stuff about it. If you want to manage your time in an easy and simple way and would like to keep a log of your time spending habits then this little software can help you.
How to Use
- Enter Total Time available in a day; that is 24 hours, enter required sleeping time and the system will give you total time available in a day
- There are three sections. Plan, actual and difference.
- Plan: This is your plan or expectation to spend time on different tasks or responsibilities. You will set these limits.
- Actual: You will input the actual time spent for the day on different tasks or responsibilities in this section.
- Difference: This section will tell you the difference of time. Difference between actual time limit and time spent at any task.
- If the difference is in minus, you have spent less time than actual limit set for that task. If the time is in positive value than you have spent more time than the actual limit for that task. If the value is 0, it means you are going according to your goals.
- Spare time for day is a simple value in spare/shortage box while shortage of time in hours will be displayed in brackets.
- This is a week’s schedule. Copy the tables in new sheet or copy the whole file for another week.
You can monitor your time spending habits with this software for some weeks to see whether you need to give more time to any task or you need to cut down time for that task and spend that time in other activity to balance time need for tasks.
The sheet has some dummy values, change them according to your needs. Sheet has some important tasks or responsibilities listed. Change them according to your needs. Normally we need to monitor time for working hours, internet usage hours, time that you spend with family, time for sports, workout or any other exercise activity, time to entertain yourself and time for study. You can add more responsibilities in the sheet easily.
You do not have to worry about spyware, trojan because its an Excel spread sheet, not a desktop software which can do stuff in background using your internet connection without you knowing it. So its perfectly safe.
Its Easy as ABC
Set time limit (values in hours) in plan table. Type actual time spent for those tasks in ctual table. Monitor the difference in the difference table. That’s it.
Size: 49 KB
Download Simple Time Management System
Download Simple Time Management System (XLSX and XLS both formats included)
Note: Please help us improve this system. If you want more features in this management system, let us know in comments and we will update the software.