The Exception Unknown Software Exception – Application Error on IE7 Close
This is an irritating problem while closing IE6 or IE7 which gives a message like.
‘The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c81eb33.’
The problem is something to do with a conflict between the IE and some programs.
- Open “Tools” in IE
- Open “Manage Add-ons”
- Open “Enable or Disable Add-ons”
- This may take several attempts. Disable all add-ons.
- If this clears the problem, then one of the add-ons is the cause.
- If so, enable add-ons, one at a time until the problem returns.
- That is the add-on causing the problem.
- Disable that.
Similar problem can be seen when closing caused by Yahoo add-ons, BellSouth DSL add-ons, QuickFine BHO object, Norton Confidential Browser Helper, Norton 360 and more.
- Go to Control Panel -> Internet options -> programs -> manage add-ons
- Sort by publisher, find symantec “show Norton Toolbar”
- Click the disable radio button, then OK
- Disable QuickFine BHO object if available
- Disable Norton Confidential Browser Helper if available
- Go to the advance tab, and reset
If the problem persists for IE7 then reinstall IE7.