Webmasters, web designers and web developers tend to build websites that can perform at great speed. We have been hearing a lot lately that factors Google consider in giving page rank to websites also include the website page speed. That is the speed a website responds and opens its pages to users. The ability of a website to serve data quickly to user. Greater speed, good page rank and happy visitors. Now the factors that determine the page speed or website speed not only include the design elements and website structure but it also include your web hosting provider efficiency. That is your server’s strength. Buy a web hosting and you will know that this is a whole new game you should understand to maintain your online presence. There are shared servers, virtual private servers and private servers. RAM issues, memory issues, connections and CPU cycles issues and lot more… We are not going to recommend you another great web hosting provider. But we are going to recommend you a method that can increase your website/web page speed almost double. And you do not have to change the web host either.
I am talking here about fears you may encounter before shifting from Dreamhost shared hosting to Dreamhost PS hosting. If you are on Dreamhost, you might be wondering to upgrade to PS or you might encounter ‘Internal Server Errors’ and slow website performance at some point and in this case you definitely need to upgrade to Dreamhost PS. You and I have Dreamhost panel. In the control panel, it says: Enable Dreamhost PS. Just that.
- Do you know the cost of Dreamhost PS?
- Do you know how much often and when you will pay for Dreamhost PS?
- Do you know how much you will pay for Dreamhost PS every month and plus what?
- Do you know what you will get inside Dreamhost PS?
- How you will control resources within Dreamhost PS?
- How much time it will take to move from shared hosting to Dreamhost PS?
- How they will decide that how much RAM and server resource you used in whole month?
- What you will loose during the move?
- What does Dreamhost PS mean by the word burstable resource?
- Can you downgrade from Dreamhost PS to shared hosting again or not at all?
- Should you get just a PS or PS and mySQL PS?
There may be times when you have finished developing a great website and then you want its quality to be checked. Browsers compatibility test is not sufficient. There are so many other aspects with which you will find your website needs to be compared and checked. Let’s say today’s internet user is in a hurry and he wants information very quickly and easily. He glances at so many opened tabs containing different websites in short time. The website which loads fast will catch his attention first and if you have done a real quality work, he will stuck there of course browsing and exploring your website. So what is the catch? The speed. You have to make your website fast and light for your visitors. To check the website performance at different internet speeds, you should have more then two internet connections including good one and slow one. Well! Nop. Just have these two tools designed for Firefox and Internet explorer and you can set the internet speed limit. Major possible uses of these software are as following:
- By Webmasters – to monitor real page weights, page load times at different connections speeds, etc.
- By small offices with simple network configuration/router – to limit/prevent shared internet connection bandwidth hogging by some individuals
- Even for boosting internet speed for same internet connection