Songs, Videos PC to iPod Transfer without iTunes
iPod is not like ordinary mp3 player. No its not. To add songs in mp3 player or video player you can drag an drop songs and videos from PC to player. When it comes to ipod, songs database needs to be updated so that songs be recognized by the ipod. However you do not need iTunes to transfer data from PC to iPod or from iPod to PC. You need these two brilliant free software to get this job done for you.
Yamipod (Windows / MAC / Linux)
YamiPod is a freeware application to efficiently manage your iPod under Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. It can be run directly from your iPod and needs no installation. Take a look at the feature list to find out what it can do and feel free to suggest anything that might be missing. YamiPod is now available in 28 languages including English.
- portable software
- iPod is automatically recognized
- mp3 and AAC files can be copied to/from iPod
- read/write access to mp3 id3 and AAC infos
- playlist support (On-The-Go included)
- playlists import (PLS,M3U)
- playlists export (PLS,M3U)
- full unicode support
- auto-download new versions
- advanced song import/export settings
- 2 restore features
- built in music player
- iPod informations
- 2 search features
- remove duplicated tracks
- find lost music files
- easy ratings edit
- PC to iPod synchronization
- create and edit notes (with unicode support)
- automatically update song playcounts
- News RSS and podcasts to iPod upload
- Growl support (Apple only)
- export song lists to HTML or plain text files
- multiple iPods support
- Last.fm support
Copy Music to iPod Using YamiPod
Drag and drop files into the song listbox. You can even drag and drop folders, YamiPod will add all valid music files found in sub folders. In the window that will appear you’ll be able to assign song informations (title,album name, artist…) for each single file or setting them for every file ticking the All checkboxes.
- In Playlist tab you can select: Destination: select a playlist where to add all dragged songs.
- Lyric filename: how lyric should be named.
- Create playlist from folder: this will add all songs in a folder to a playlist named as the folder. For example if you dragged a folder called Music with 2 subfolders: 70’s and 80’s containing various files. Files in 70’s will be added to a newly created folder called 70’s. Files in the other folder will be added to a playlist called 80’s.
- In Advanced tab you can select: Auto capital first letter: will titlecase all song tags.
- If duplicated: what to do if song exists on iPod.
- Get song infos by path and filename: if your song tags are missing but you named and placed your song following a particular order, you can tell YamiPod to get song tags out of filename an path.
Copy Music from iPod Using YamiPod
In the song listbox select songs you want to copy. Then choose Copy To… from ‘Song’ menu as shown in picture. You’ll be able to choose some options before starting the copy process:
- Destination path Direct Copy will copy all selected songs to the destination folder you’ll select.
- Album will create a subfolder for each album under the destination you’ll select. Songs will be placed according to their album names.
- Artist/Album like ‘Album’ will create 2 subfolders.
- filename Will determine filename format. If Artist – TrackTitle is selected then destination file will be for example ‘U2 – One.mp3’.
- If duplicated What to do in case filename already exists in the destination you’ll select.
SharePod is easy to use and works!
- Add and remove music and videos from your iPod
- Add, remove and edit playlists from your iPod
- Add and remove album art from your iPod
- View and backup photos from your iPod
- Copy music, videos and playlists from your iPod to PC
- Import music/videos into your iTunes library, including playlists and ratings
- Tag editing for music in your iPod
- Drag n’ drop to and from Explorer
- Simple, clean interface
- Quick to load, easy to use
- Support for iPhone and iTouch
SharePod is completely free! SharePod was designed from the start to be lightweight, quick and responsive,