Create Windows 7 Password Reset Disk
There are tools and ways ways to force into Windows in case you have lost Windows passwords without a password reset disk but they are complicated and time consuming. If you forget you password for Windows 7 then a password recovery disk for your Windows 7 is all you need. You can create a Windows password reset disk using Windows 7 easily. If you are afraid of all the software which bypass logon screen or reset password for Windows then you can do this yourself to reset your Windows 7 password in case you need it. All you need is your own laptop/PC and USB flash drive.
Create Password Reset Disk
- Have some portable media (USB flash drive) connected to PC to create a password reset disk on. CD or DVD won’t work for this.
- Click on Start > Go to Control Panel in Windows 7.
- Click on the ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’ link or ‘User Accounts’ icon.
- In the task pane on the left, click the Create a password reset disk link.
- Forgotten Password Wizard window will appear, click Next.
- In the I want to create a password key disk in the following drive: drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create a Windows 7 password reset disk on.
- Click Next to continue.
- With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next.
- Windows 7 will create the password reset disk on your chosen media.
- When the progress indicator shows 100% complete, click Next and then click Finish in the next window.
- Remove the flash drive from your computer.
- Label the disk “Password Reset” and store it in a safe place.
Now if you have lost your password. All you need is to do the following.
Reset Password Using Password Reset Disk
Type anything in password field.
If you have typed the wrong password, you’ll receive a message that says ‘your user name or password is incorrect’. Click OK.
Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions while reset password USB disk is attached with PC.