Remove My Way Search Assistant
Have you ever been blessed by the goodies of this spyware/malware toolbar. People have lot of problems with this toolbar called My Way Search Assistant. MyWay Searchbar, also known as MyWay Speedbar, MyWay Search Assistant, Webfetti Toolbar, MyWebSearch, or MyWeb Searchbar, is a malware and search toolbar program that allows the user to query Google, Ask Jeeves, Yahoo!, and LookSmart search engines. HP and Dell pre-install this software on some of their commercially sold PCs. It is also bundled with some versions of Kazaa and is a part of the FunWebProducts suite of utilities such as Smiley Central, Webfetti, Cursor Mania, My Mail Stationary, My Mail Signature, My Mail Stamps, FunBuddyIcons, PopSwatter, and Popular Screensavers.
How does ‘My Way Search Assistant Work’
MyWay Searchbar attaches itself to the Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator browsers, adding search functions and pop-up blocking. MyWay also collects data about the user’s surfing habits and sends it back to the MyWay server to tailor ads toward the user’s interests. It will slow down and hang your PC.
How to remove ‘My Way Search Assistant Work’
First of all whenever you go somewhere and install any product, be careful to check whether that’s installing any toolbar along with it or not. Uncheck that toolbar if there is any to install with the software you are installing. Seriously you do not need any toolbar. Toolbars are annoying.
There are many ways to remove ‘My Way Search Assistant’ in which this is the most easy and the most effective way to remove it. Follow the instructions below:
- Go to Start > Run
- Type (or copy and paste) the following:
- Press Enter
- If a prompt comes, select yes.
You’re done. ‘My Way Search Assistant’ has been removed from your computer. You can also uninstall it via Add/Remove Programs.
By Add/Remove Programs
Uninstall the My Web Search option from Add/Remove Programs.
- Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs
- Find “My Web Search” in the list of installed programs and click on Change/Remove to uninstall it. You may also want to uninstall any of the following items associated with FunWebProducts.
* My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)
* My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
* My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
* My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
* Search Assistant – My Way
- Reboot your Computer and run HijackThis
- With HijackThis, scan for and fix any of the entries shown above that may be remaining.
- Next, open My Computer, Drive C, and double-click on the Program Files folder.
- Right-click and delete the folders for:
- MyWebSearch should now be completely uninstalled from your computer.
- There will be some minor registry entries left behind by the uninstall, however these can be cleaned up by running SpyBot Search and Destroy or Ad-Aware SE or left alone.
Anti Virus Protection for any PC has been a growing need. Some people recommend cheap antivirus software solution and some suggest free virus protection software or virus removal software. Internet security software are different from antivirus and with standard scanning software you also need anti spam software sometimes. Explore TechMynd Recommendations for your PC security needs.