Protect Yourself from Packet Sniffers Apps and Softwares Over WiFi
Facebook, Twitter, Amazon And YouTube accounts can be hacked using android app at mobile phone. In fact there are many packet sniffers that can do that. If you’re a regular user of public WiFi, stay on the lookout and make sure you’re safe. Follow these tips to avoid hackers that might intercept web traffic over WiFi to get access into your FaceBook, Twitter, Youtube or Amazon account.
- Don’t use HTTP, use HTTPS (secure connection) on public networks
- Login to Gmail and Facebook have a setting that allows users to log in with HTTPS (Facebook > account > account settings > account security and for Gmail > options > general > browser connection)
- Get a free VPN, e.g. Hotspot Shield, which will automatically encrypt all the data that’s sent from your computer
- Don’t use public WiFi
- Use up to date router
- Force apps to use stealth mode
- Use static ARP tables
- Use IDS system
- Use HTTPS Everywhere and HTTPS Finder firefox extensions to secure your browser traffic.
- Use good antivirus and firewall to secure web traffic (e.g. Comodo free firewall with HIPS+ enabled is good against ARP spoofing).