Monitor Disk Activity and Network Port Usage – Free Extended Task Manager
An upgraded Windows Task Manager with ability to monitor disk activity and network port usage. The Extended Task Manager provides additional Windows process management features and information about disk activity and network port usage. The new “Disk I/O” chart allows you to monitor which applications utilize most of your disk at the moment:
The network port monitoring feature allows you to see who is connected to your computer and from which IP address, and who you are connecting to:
Another useful feature is the ability to locate Windows processes that lock a specific file. For example if you are unable to delete or rename a file, you can quickly find how it is used and possibly exit or kill the application that locks it:
The free Extended Task Manager includes various other features that make it a great alternative to the standard Windows Task Manager.
Extended Task Manager features:
- Displays disk input/output activity with information about related applications
- Displays network port activity with IP addresses of external computers
- Displays information about applications that utilized most of the CPU or memory at any time presented on the charts
- Displays all files locked by a select process.
- Finds all processes locking a specified file.
- Includes “Summary” tab for quickly assessing the overall state of the Windows system
- Allows freezing individual Windows processes
- Offer various visual and functional improvements over the standard Windows Task Manager
Download Free Extended Task Manager
[ Author ]