Mac OS X Lion Available Now From the Mac App Store
People have been doing the same things on computers for years. Clicking. Scrolling. Installing. Saving. With OS X Lion, Apple has challenged the accepted way of doing things by introducing new features that change the way you use a computer.
Mac OS X Lion brings Multi-Touch Gestures (that transform the way you interact with your Mac making all you do more intuitive and direct), Full-Screen Apps (systemwide multiple full-screen apps open at once), Mission Control (bird’s-eye view of everything opened and running on system), Launchpad (all the apps on MAC), Resume (restart your Mac and return to what you were doing), auto save feature, versions of your work, airdrop, new mail, and more.
Mac OS X Lion that is the eighth major release of the world’s most advanced operating system is available as a download from the Mac App Store for $29.99. Lion offers more than 250 new features, including Multi-Touch gestures; systemwide support for full screen apps; Mission Control, a bird’s eye view of everything running on your Mac; Launchpad, a new home for all your apps; and a completely redesigned Mail app.
Let us mention few important highlights:
- Fluid and realistic animations make gestures feel natural and direct.
- Tap or pinch to zoom in on text and images.
- Swipe left or right to move from one page to another in an app or switch from one full-screen app to another.
- Swipe up to enter Mission Control.
- Pinch to access Launchpad.
- A new full-screen button takes an app window full screen.
- Run multiple full-screen apps at the same time.
- Switch between full-screen apps and your desktop with a gesture.
- Apps stay full screen when you switch to another app.
- OS X Lion includes full-screen Mail, Safari, Preview, iCal, FaceTime, Dashboard, Screen Sharing, and Photo Booth.
- Brings together Exposé, full-screen apps, Dashboard, and desktop spaces.
- Gives you a bird’s-eye view of everything running on your Mac, allowing you to navigate anywhere with a click.
- Exposé view shows all open windows on your desktop grouped by application.
- Create and organize desktop spaces in Mission Control.
- A new home for all the apps on your Mac.
- Apps downloaded from the Mac App Store automatically appear in Launchpad.
- Launchpad automatically adds pages to accommodate all your apps.
- Apps can be organized on multiple pages and grouped in folders.
- The widescreen layout displays the message list and selected email side by side in full-height columns.
- The favorites bar gives you one-click access to your favorite mail folders.
- Search suggestions dynamically present the best matches for your search.
- Search tokens help refine search results based on people, subjects, mailboxes, dates, and attachments.
- Conversations automatically groups related messages, displaying them in chronological order and hiding repetitive quoted text.
Other great Lion features
- Auto Save automatically saves your changes as you go, so you never have to worry about losing your work.
- Versions keeps a history of your document as you work and presents it in a timeline you can browse.
- Resume reopens an app exactly as you left it.
- AirDrop is the simplest way to send files to anyone around you, wirelessly no setup or special settings required.
- Reading List in Safari lets you easily save web pages to read or browse later.
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply.