JailBreak iOS 4 Firmware and Unlock iPhone 4 Complete Guide
Learn how to jailbreak iOS4 and unlock iPhone. The guide contains the following:
- Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool 4.0
- Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3GS for Windows
- Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3G with Redsn0w 0.9.5
- Verified iOS 4 Firmware File Download Links for all Devices
- Unlock iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3G, 3GS with Ultrasn0w 0.93
and some fixes.
Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool 4.0
- Download iOS 4 for iPhone 3GS, iTunes 9.2 and PwnageTool 4.0
- Launch PwnageTool 4.0.
- Switch to Expert mode and select iPhone.
- Browse the iOS 4 firmware file that you downloaded.
- Click ‘Build’ and PwnageTool 4.0 will start preparing a custom firmware.
- After that The iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293__Custom_Restore.ipsw will be placed on desktop.
- Put the iPhone in DFU mode.
- Connect with iTunes and restore the custom firmware file.
Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3GS for Windows
Download parts of the iOS 4 firmware file from links below
http://rapidshare.com/files/401771807/iPhone2_1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw.002.html http://rapidshare.com/files/401784857/iPhone2_1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw.001.html http://rapidshare.com/files/401798544/iPhone2_1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw.004.html http://rapidshare.com/files/401809763/iPhone2_1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw.003.html http://rapidshare.com/files/401819630/iPhone2_1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw.005.html
Use HJSplit to join the parts
Go to Apple website, download and install iTunes 9.2
Connect the iPhone with iTunes and restore the custom firmware file or use DFU mode.
Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3G with Redsn0w 0.9.5
- Download iOS 4 firmware for iPhone 3G and iTunes 9.2
- Install iTunes 9.2
- Connect iPhone 3G to the computer
- Update to iOS 4 on iPhone 3G using the firmware file (Hold Alt/Option and click Update)
- Launch Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 and browse to the iOS 4 firmware file.
- After verification, click Next
- Select the features to install.
- Make sure ‘Install Cydia’ is checked
- Click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to boot into DFU mode.
- Let Redsn0w do rest of process!
For users ending up with a blank icon for Cydia on their iPhone 3G. Fire-up Cydia, go to the sources and add http://apt.saurik.com/cydia-3.7 repo.
Reboot and the icon will be fixed.
For users getting ‘Unable to recognize specified IPSW‘ error in Redsn0w 0.9.5, follow the instructions below.
Make sure that the right build of Redsn0w is being used, which in this case should be Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4. Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4 for Mac or Windows.
Make sure that the right build of the iOS 4 firmware file is being used for iPhone 3G.
Verified iOS 4 Firmware File Download Links for all Devices
Unlock iOS 4 Firmware on iPhone 3G, 3GS with Ultrasn0w 0.93
New Ultrasn0w 0.93 has been released for iOS 4 that allows iPhone users to unlock their iPhone and use it with any carrier other than AT&T. The new updated version of Ultrasn0w works for all basebands since firmware 3.0 i.e. 05.13.04 on iOS 4.0 and 05.12.08 on iOS 3.1.3. It shall also work for users who have preserved their device baseband on 04.26.08 and even for 05.13.04
The Cydia repo for this update is repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Follow these simple steps to unlock.
- Jailbreak iOS 4 on the iPhone with Redsn0w.
- Launch Cydia and add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to the sources.
- Install the Ultrasn0w 0.93 package and reboot the iPhone.
It is recommended to stay away from unofficial PwnageTool/redsn0w bundles or releases. The iPhone Dev team will soon release tools to jailbreak the device. If you can’t get a thing above, then probably its best to leave your poor iPhone alone and get expert’s advice.