IOS VS Android
World is contracting with the growth of mobile phone technology. Starting with simple regular handsets which were used just for making phone calls. With new software and operating systems they have developed inestimable uses today. Two of most widely used operating systems today are IOS and Android. Both are powerful operating systems supporting a large number of applications in smart phones and Apple products. IOS and Android are both great mobile platforms and they both possess quite a bit room for improvement and different approaches to what matters to users. Naturally many people feel one outmaneuvers the other. The IOS vs. Android, which dominates other debate is almost as old as both the platforms’ own age, and it never ceases to be. In some areas Android takes the top spot, while others see Apple’s offering transcend its competitor. So, which one is comparatively better?
IOS is a mobile operating system derived from Apple Inc. Devices which come under IOS OS are iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, iPad mini, Apple TV. When it comes to resolute that which OS is better than the other, IOS has always maintained the upper hand in following aspects:
- OS Fragmentation: Apple produces both the software and hardware, and they are designed to work together. The IOS possess such consistency and polish which is not found in any other mobile operating system. Moreover its software designs are mature.
- Updated Software: Apple updates its software frequently and pushes new versions quickly to users, providing them with new features at no extra cost.
- App Store: Apple approves all the applications before giving them place in iTunes App Store, it rejects them if they are too buggy.
- Virus Free: Due to the approval of applications policy, IOS users stay protected from malicious software.
- Easy Navigation: It is comparatively easy with IOS to track your mobile. The setup is effortless and great for people who want it running in no time.
- Simple usage: IOS is best suitable for those people who want a phone to do simple right to the point process.
- Never Hangs up: Due to best software and hardware, IOS users do not go through the predicament of having their phone hung up.
- Re-sell Factor: IOS has the benefit of having the re-sell factor, even the old iphones are still worth their weight.
- User satisfactory: IOS users find it more user friendly, reliable, faster and efficient.
- Best Outlook: One more factor for which IOS stays ahead of its competitors is its great outlook.
- Stability: When it comes to stability IOS is your choice, it works well with no bug disturbance.
- Limited for Apps: Apple is infamous for being restrictive and limited when it comes to applications. There are some applications which are not offered for iPhone app store as free.
- Screen Size: There is only one iPhone screen size (3.7 inches) excluding iPhone 4 and 4S.
- Widgets: Android provides easy access to some application by putting their widget on home screen unlike iPhone. For example, in iPhone there is no widget for WiFi, if you want to turn it off, you have to dive into Setting for that.
- Connection: iPhone also does not connect to faster 4G networks except 4S version from AT&T.
- Customizable: iPhone lacks the ability to provide its users with more customization.
- As per Usage: iPhone has developed some applications which are only workable for Europe, America users and those apps are totally useless for Asian or users in other countries.
- Overpriced: iPhone is comparatively more expensive than android phones which can be bought on very cheap prices too.
- Compatibility: Unlike Android phones, Apple OS is not easily compatible with other devices.
Android is from Google and it has following pros and cons:
- Largest Platform: Google’s mobile OS is most popular platform. Every other mobile company has chosen Android except Apple so it makes it more cross platform compatible.
- Open Source: Android is open source and it is for tinkerers and developers who can manage to customize Android OS.
- App Store: The app selection is very good, with around 300,000 available in Android Market.
- Customizable: Android mobiles are like computers, they are extremely customizable: virtual keyboards, wallpaper, home screen widgets, phone dialers and much more can be replaced according to choice.
- In-House Functions: Android phones are filled with unlimited in-house functions which makes them more interesting for users.
- Connection: Android OS is easily connected to other networks without any complicated procedure.
- No Jailbreak: Any software can be run on it without any problem or jailbreak unlike IOS.
- Maps and Torrents: Android maps are way better than Apple maps. Android has the ability to download torrents unlike Apple.
- Affordable: Many Android phones are available in market at affordable and cheaper price, so it has comparatively larger number of users.
- No Binding: Android phones are more intuitive and innovative and there is no binding like iTunes.
- Update: It can be updated wirelessly without any glitches.
- Integration: Android has excellent integration with Google apps and it is possible to run multiple applications at once on Android.
- Home Screen: Android provides us with choice between seven home screen pages unlike iPhone’s 3 or Blackberry’s 1.
- Wide-ranged Mobile Models: Android has numerous models and each varies drastically from other.
- User Interest: Wide range of mobile models and ability to customize makes Android phones more interesting for users.
- Application Quality: Android possess a large number of applications but one of the biggest drawback is those applications are not reviewed or vetted before they are posted, so it is a step down for application quality.
- Virus Threat: Due to less check on applications some malicious applications often make their way into the Market.
- Update Process: Unlike IOS, Android users face interruption or delay in getting the update and many Android phones may never get an update.
- Less Stability: Android is less stable than Apple OS, leaving Android less reliable. Android has many bugs, IOS on the other hand is more stable.
- Battery Usage: Due to large number of applications heavy use, the battery timings are less. Also the mobile can hang up any moment which makes it unpleasant for users.
To conclude this I would say that both mobile platforms have their positive and negative aspects. Both Android and IOS help you do what you want to do, and not much else really matters as far user is satisfied.