Install Apps on Android Phone without Android Marketplace
by Hiroshi on February 17th, 2011
Many android apps do not make it to Android marketplace. Still those are released by android developers in APK format and called off-market apps. To install a non-market app on Android phone follow the instructions below.
Install Off-market APK Apps on Android Phone
- APK app has .apk extension. Download your desired off-market APK app on your PC.
- Go to the website www.apkinstall.com
- Click on Browse files button and upload your downloaded APK app.
- After upload process completion, website will create a QR code for your APK app.
- Scan that QR code through QR code scanner on your Android device (Scan the code after 15 minutes of uploading, otherwise download will fail).
- Click on open browser button. Your app will get downloaded to your Android phone.
- Tap on downloaded app to install it, tap on Install button to complete the process.