Comodo Cleaning Essentials to Identify and Remove Unsafe Processes
Identify and remove unsafe system processes that are running in background without you knowing it. Comodo Cleaning Essentials is a set of computer security tools designed to identify and remove malware and unsafe processes from infected windows based computers. It is portable so does not need installation and can be run directly from removable media such as USB drive. Best security tool for users of any experience level.
Comodo cleaning essentials consists of two technologies: Killswitch and malware scanner.
KillSwitch is an advanced system monitoring tool that allows users to identify, monitor and stop potentially unsafe processes that are running on endpoint systems. Uniquely for a product of its type, KillSwitch leverages Comodo’s huge whitelist database to isolate untrusted processes with an extremely high degree of accuracy – improving IT operational efficiency by reducing false positives and cutting the amount of time spent troubleshooting an endpoint machine.
KillSwitch can show ALL running processes and objects in real time– exposing even those that were invisible or deeply hidden away. As a system monitoring utility, KillSwitch also grants unparalleled insight and control over services, processes, BHO’s and layered service providers. It can be made to replace Window’s Task Manager within a couple of clicks and offers network admins another powerful layer of protection for endpoint computers. CCE is the perfect complement to products such as Comodo Internet Security and Endpoint Security Manager.
Malware scanner is fully featured malware scanner capable of unearthing and removing viruses, rootkits, hidden files and malicious registry keys hidden deep within a system. The scanner is highly configurable, uses the latest heuristic techniques to detect previously unknown viruses, features first-class malware removal capabilities and is capable of detecting hidden drivers and services loaded during system start-up.
The on-demand malware scanner uses the same core technology as Comodo Antivirus but does not require installation and can be run directly from removal media such as a USB stick. Awarded Virus Bulletin VB100 status, the scanning engine uses the very latest heuristic techniques to identify previously unknown, zero day threats with an very high level of efficiency. The scanner is also extremely effective at disinfecting and removing viruses once they have been identified.
Suitable for users of any experience level. However, the highly technical nature of the information presented by the tool probably makes it more suited to system administrators, advanced users or computer science students. On the other hand, the malware scanner features a simple interface and can be used with ease by anybody.
- Classifies the threat level of all objects and processes currently loaded into memory and highlights those that are not trusted
- Allows the admin to terminate, delete or suspend every untrusted item with a single click.
- On-demand malware scanner quickly finds viruses, rootkits and hidden services
- Extremely efficient malware removal routines thoroughly disinfect virus stricken endpoints
- Detailed statistics and graphs allow admins to analyze and fine tune system activity to almost infinite levels of detail
- Leverages Comodo’s huge whitelist database to accurately identify the trust status of every running process with minimal false positives
- Integration with Comodo cloud scanning technology delivers instant behavioral analysis of unknown processes
- Powerful system tools provide control over even the most obscure system settings
- Simple interface for admins to manage trusted vendors list
- Comprehensive event logs provide detailed overview of system activity on endpoint machines
- Quick repair feature allows fast restoration of important Windows settings
- Can replace the standard Windows Task Manager if required
- Another indispensable addition to admin’s security toolkit to complement software such as Comodo Internet Security
- Lightweight – requires no installation and can be run right from a USB stick
- Fast, free and easy to use
Minimum Hardware Requirements: 233 MHz or higher processor, 128 MB RAM, 210 MB free disk space