Enable USB Drive for HTC 7 Mozart in Windows to Copy Photos, Videos and Music
If you bought HTC 7 Mozart smart phone, took few photos and videos using it, connected the phone to PC, and nothing happened, then this guide will help you. You were hoping to see message “turn on USB” on mobile, so that you might be able to transfer photos and videos you just took, into PC. Reconnecting phone to PC again and again did not help. However, a window might appear on PC to install Zune, so you might have installed the Zune that also did not give any clue about how to transfer photos from phone to PC or PC to phone. Zune, however, will offer syncing photos and videos to somewhere. Anyways if you want to transfer the photos and videos from HTC 7 Mozart to PC, just like you use USB, then read on. Here is a tweak that will enable USB capability for HTC 7 Mozart, but it needs PC Windows registry editing. Its for advanced users, so don’t use it, if you are not comfortable with the Windows registry editing. Tweak your Windows registry so that your computer recognizes the HTC 7 Mozart as a removable USB drive. After tweaking, you’ll have access to the Music, Pictures and Videos folders in HTC 7 Mozart.
Click the image below to enlarge:
Use HTC 7 Mozart as a USD disk drive with your Windows PC.
- Open Windows Registry Editor by typing regedit in ‘run’ or ‘start menu’
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Enum > USB
- Go to VID_045E&PID_04EC > Device Parameters
- Double click and change ShowInShell value from 0 to 1 (enables Windows Explorer to show the phone when plugged in)
- Change PortableDeviceNameSpaceExcludeFromShell from 1 to 0
- Change EnableLegacySupport from 0 to 1 (enables Windows Explorer to detect the phone)
- Change EnableDefaultAutoPlaySupport
Now plug your HTC 7 Mozart into your Windows PC using the USB cable and it will be recognized as a USB drive. You will be able to see phone appear in My Computer section.