How to Improve Overall Appearance of Fonts For PC
There are two ways to improve overall appearance of fonts in PC.
- By enabling Windows smooth edges of screen fonts
- By enabling Window’s ClearType.
By default, Microsoft Windows has smooth fonts enabled. If you switch to classical theme and customize the PC for better performance then settings for fonts may also change. Microsoft Windows XP was the first operating system released that supported ClearType. To enable ClearType in Windows XP follow the below steps.
- Open the ‘Control Panel’.
- In the Control Panel double-click ‘Display’.
- In Display properties click the ‘Appearance’ tab.
- In Appearance click the ‘Effects’ button.
- In ‘Effects’ check the option for ‘Use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts’ and select ‘ClearType’.
Above settings is for enabling Smooth edges of screen fonts. Make sure that option is enabled. For that you have to follow these steps.
- Right click at ‘My Computer’ and Click ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Advanced’ tab
- Click ‘Settings’ button under ‘performance’ section
- See Visual Effects options
- Make sure ‘Smooth edges of screen fonts’ option is checked
Some More Tips
- Verify that your computer has the latest drivers for the video card.
- Make sure your PC Monitor screen is clean.
- If you use glasses, make sure you have these on at your nose.