How to Activate iOS 5 Without Developer Account UDID
If you are not a developer and still want to try iOS 5, then use this tutorial but at your own risk. Here is how to upgrade and activate the iOS 5 firmware without a developer account UDID. This iOS 5 hack was discovered Mert Erdir and exploits a security flaw in the activation screen. If you want to run the iOS 5 firmware, we recommend you to save your SHSH blobs on the iOS 4.3.3 firmware because if you encounter any error in the process you will still be able to downgrade your iPhone back to iOS 4.3.3. This method will only work for the iPhone.
- Download the iOS 5 IPSW file for your iPhone.
- Launch iTunes, update your iPhone using iTunes. Connect iPhone to computer, click on the ‘Check for Update’ button with the Option (Mac) or Shift (PC) key pressed. Select the iOS 5 IPSW file you downloaded.
- Wait until it upgrades. A new activation screen will appear.
Stage Two: Backdoor activation exploit
- Triple click the home button to activate the Voice Over.
- Triple click the home button and Emergency Call will appear.
- Click on Emergency Call and, while it’s switching, swipe down with your three fingers.
- Notification Center will appear.
- Click on the Weather widget. The Weather app will load.
- Click on the home button to exit to the iPhone’s springboard.
Once you complete the two stages of the tutorial, your iPhone should now be activated on the iOS 5 firmware. For more view the videos below.