Google Search App for iPhone and iPad
by Hiroshi on March 17th, 2011
Get the most advanced Google search experience for iOS devices, now with Google Goggles, Voice Search and My Location. Google search app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and it requires iOS 3.0 or later.
- Search by taking a picture with your iPhone camera.
- Image recognition technology recognizes objects and returns relevant search results.
- Good at identifying barcodes, products, famous landmarks, storefronts, artwork, business cards and print ads.
- New! Translates text in 6 languages and solves Sudoku puzzles.
- Search by speaking into your iPhone.
- Just bring the phone to your ear, wait for the tone and speak your query.
- Supports American, British, Indian, Australian or South African English accents, Afrikaans, Cantonese, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Simplified and Traditional), Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Zulu.
- See results customized to where you are (e.g. ‘weather’).
- Find places nearby without needing to type your current location (e.g. ‘pizza’ or ‘movies’).
- Google Suggest: get search suggestions as you type, saving you keystrokes.
- URL suggestions: navigate to popular web sites quickly by tapping site web address suggestions.
- Search history: instant access to your previous searches.
- Contact search: quickly find contacts in your address book.
- Easy access to other Google products: launch products like Maps, Gmail and Voice from the Apps tab.
What’s New in Version 0.8.0.6023
- New user interface with improved fast app-switching support
- Swipe right to make your search more specific
- Swipe down to access settings and log in to Google
- Updated help screen
- Certain corners rounded
- Goggles support for iPod touch and iPhone 3G
- Bug fixes