Google Profile For You and Your Business
What do people see when they search for you online? You can control how you appear in Google by creating a personal profile… Help people find the right information when they search for you on Google. Most important factor about this is you will be findable. You might have profiles at Flickr, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, MySpace. Well here come the Google Profiles. Finally Google has a social element in it. Before someone acquires a Google Profile name which you like, reach there and create one. This profile can be personal, business or anything. Who does not like more exposure?
- Create a personal page that links to your blog and other profiles.
- Keep family and friends up to date with your contact info and photos.
- Receive messages. Enable the ‘Send a message’ feature to allow anyone with a Google Account to email you without revealing your email address.
- Add photos. Enhance your profile by embedding photos from Flickr or Picasa.
- Create a page about you. Write a short bio in the About me tab, reveal your superpower, and tell people what you still can’t find using Google.
- Add your contact information. Share your information with your friends and family, so they always have the most up-to-date information. You control who sees it.
- Add links to your other profiles and sites. Make it easier for friends to see your other content on the Web. You can link to Google content, including your Blogger blog, public Picasa Web Albums and Google Reader shared items as well as other pages on the Web such as Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Show your location. ‘My places’ includes all the cities you’ve entered on your profile. Your current location and where you’ve lived are displayed on a map.
A Google profile is simply how you present yourself on Google products to other Google users. It allows you to control how you appear on Google and tell others a bit more about who you are. With a Google profile, you can easily share your web content on one central location. You can include, for example, links to your blog, online photos, and other profiles such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and more. You have control over what others see. Your profile won’t display any private information unless you’ve explicitly added it. You can also allow people to find you more easily by enabling your profile to be searched by your name. Simply set your existing profile to show your full name publicly.
You will get a URL to your public profile like the following:
Create Google Profile
Google Profiles Examples
How to Search Someone’s Google Profile
You can search other people Profiles. It is very simple. Consider the following URL
Now add your search criteria in the end of above URL and give it a try.
The URL becomes:
Click at the following URL to see results for blogger in Google Profiles: http://www.google.com/profiles?q=blogger
Hiroshi is a senior web developer, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of TechMynd. You can subscribe to TechMynd's newsletter to receive free software, giveaways, technology news and updates in email. Become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter. Got any question? Contact us or visit us on our Google Profile.