Enable Registry Editor, Task Manager and Folder Options Using RRT
Enable the Registry Editor, Task Manager and Folder Options Disabled by Virus using RRT. This problem is caused by a virus named “Brontok worm” but there can be other reasons too. What you can do is use RRT Tool that can easily solve this problem. RRT is free and can successfully do the following:
- Enable Folder Options
- Enable Regedit (Registry Editor)
- Enable Task Manager
- Show Hidden Files option
RRT is a set of tools to protect from and remove malware and their traces. RRT is a set of handy tools that scans, remove and re-enables all what a virus had previously disabled (System Restrictions) and gives you back the control over your computer, common behavior of a virus is to make some changes to the system restrictions in order to hide itself from easy detection.
Complete list of 40+ restrictions this software can break are as following:
- Disable Folder Options >> so the user can’t set the option to show hidden files!
- Disable Registry Tools >> so the user can’t see what is going on during system startup!
- Disable Ctrl+Alt+Del >> so the user can’t see the virus and the other applications running!
- Disable Show all files/folders check >> So changing this from folder options will be ignored!
- Disable Logoff Command >> So the user cannot logoff and use another profile.
- Disable Windows Firewall (Wuauserv) >> so the virus can send & receive any data through the network without the attention of the user!
- Restrict Internet Explorer Home Page Changing >> so the user can’t change the malicious web page set by the malware!
- Hide Internet Explorer Context Menu >> so the user can’t access this menu which make him able to select some useful settings.
- Hide Internet Explorer Toolbar >> so the user can’t use it to remove some unwanted toolbars made by the malware.
- Disable Command Prompt (cmd.exe) >> so the user cannot run any console programs like command prompt removal tools…
- Disable Control Panel >> so the user cannot use the control panel applets.
- Hide system files/folders >> so the user can’t see the malware bodies which usually come with system attribute set to true!
- No Display >> So the user cannot access the Display control Panel to change the display settings.
- Corrupted Safe Mode >> So the user be forced start the computer in normal mode where the virus always active.
- Execution Debugger >> So the user cannot run many security tools and antivirus software to get rid of the virus.
- Windows Security Center >> So the user cannot access many security settings.
- Hide Start Menu Logoff >> So the user cannot use this shortcut to logoff!
- Restrict Add/Remove Programs >> So the user cannot see what applications and windows components are installed or uninstall/reinstall any application.
- File Extension Default >> So the user cannot select “Hide extensions for known file types”.
- Restrict Internet Explorer Closing >> so the user can’t close the pops up windows that appear when visiting the malicious web page or any other website!
- Hide Desktop items >> to prevent the user from accessing My Computer and other desktop shortcuts!
- Hide files extensions. This is commonly used by malware to trick the user. By hiding file extension, a user doesn’t know whether a file with folder icon is an exe file or just an ordinary folder.
- Change Show Hidden files option button >> So even if you select “Show hidden files and folders from folder options these files & folder will not be shown!
- Disable Show System files check box >> So even if you unchecked “Hide protected operating system files” these files & folder will not be shown!
- Disable Shut Down CommandD >> So the user cannot shut down the system normally.
- Restrict Settings Folders >> Just imagine when you all items under Start menu>Settings wont run!
- Disable Taskbar context menu >> You right click your taskbar.. Oops; nothing happens!
- Hide Internet Options >> so the user can’t change any setting set by the malware!
- Hide Internet Explorer Address Bar >> so the user can’t see what web page being visited and what scripts being executed!
- Restrict Internet Explorer Right Click >> so the user can’t view the source of the page being visited and other useful things.
- Hide Internet Explorer Navigation Buttons >> so the user will be forced to user the keyboard shortcuts to navigate through the web sites!
- Disable Show hidden files & folders >> so the user can’t see the malware bodies which always come with hidden attribute set to true!
- Disable Run Command >> so the user can’t use it to run some tools to track the virus activites of remove it.
- Disable Windows Firewall (SharedAccess) >> so the virus can send & receive any data through the network without the attention of the user!
- Disable Windows Firewall (Wscsvc) >> so the virus can send & receive any data through the network without the attention of the user!
- No Windows Update >> So the user cannot download security updates and other fixes for windows.
- R-Media Malware >> This item is indicating that a malicious object is trying to invade your computer through removable media, please see the details below.
- Hidden Drives >> So the user cannot see any of the storage drives but they still can use RUN to access and explore them.
- Restricted Drives >> So the user can see the drives but cannot access them even when using RUN command.
- No Search >> So the user cannot search the file system using the start menu item for any file.
- Disable File Extensions Check >> So changing this from folder options will be ignored!
- Restrict Windows Update >> So the user cannot download security patches from Microsoft.
this product is a security software that deals with the file system, the system registry and the running processes, it MUST be given all the rights it demands in order for it to do it’s job. Some other security software will try to block the toolkit and prevent it from doing its job. Make sure that it’s not blocked by your firewall and there’s no other program blocking it.
Before running this toolkit, we recommend you to disable any other security solution you are running such as Antivirus, Firewall, monitoring tools.
Some advanced options are in paid version of RRT.
RRT also protects you from any further infections that come from removable media (Pen Drives). RRT with AutoRemove enabled will monitor your system and detects any flash disk as soon as it gets plugged into the USB port. The generic technique will work in less than few milliseconds , if it detects any Infection in the flash disk, it will block it and remove the infection before it makes any harm to your computer.
Beside the heuristic scanner, RRT includes a traditional scanner and remover for malware. It also includes a smart malware activities recognition technique and a malware signatures database you build yourself.
Hiroshi is a senior web developer, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of TechMynd. You can subscribe to TechMynd's newsletter to receive free software, giveaways, technology news and updates in email. Become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter. Got any question? Contact us or visit us on our Google Profile.