Download Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7
Windows Azure is a cloud-computing platform that lets you run applications and store data in the cloud. Instead of having to worry about building out the underlying infrastructure and managing the operating system, you can simply build your application and deploy it to Windows Azure. Windows Azure provides developers with on-demand compute, storage, networking, and content delivery capabilities. Microsoft has released toolkit for Windows Phone 7 app developers that make use of Windows Azure cloud services.
The Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7 is designed to make it easier for developers to build mobile applications that leverage cloud services running in Windows Azure. Windows Azure toolkit includes Visual Studio project templates for Windows Phone 7 and Windows Azure, class libraries optimized for use on the phone, sample applications, and documentation.
You must have the following items to run the project template and the sample solution included in this toolkit:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional (or higher) or both Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express and Microsoft Visual Studio
- 2010 Express for Windows Phone
- Windows Phone Developer Tools
- Internet Information Services 7 (IIS7)
- Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010