Create Bootable USB Containing Windows 7 or Windows 8 Installer
Create a bootable USB for Windowws 7 or Windows 8. This little program will take ISO file of Windows 7 or Windows 8 and copy it on a USB drive so that the USB will be bootable and will be able to install Windows 7 or Windows 8 in your computer. This eliminates the need of a Windows DVD or DVD drive to install Windows on your computer.
When you purchase Windows 7 or Windows 8 product from Microsoft store, you have a choice to download a collection of compressed files or to download an ISO file. If you have Windows ISO file, you must copy the file onto a USB flash drive (by following this special method described below). When you’re ready to install Windows, insert the USB flash drive into your USB port and restart computer to start fresh installation of Windows 7 or Windows 8, right from USB drive.
- 4GB USB drive
- Software to make bootable USB (download from link below)
- ISO image file for Windows 8 or Windows 7
Creating Bootable USB from Windows 7 or Windows 8 ISO file
Make sure you have already purchased the Windows 7 (in ISO file format) or Windows 8 (in ISO file format) from Microsoft Store and have downloaded that Windows ISO file to your hard drive. If you have purchased Windows but have not yet downloaded the ISO file, you can download the file from your Microsoft Store Account.
- Run WINDOWS USB/DVD DOWNLOAD TOOL to open it.
- In the SOURCE FILE box, type the name and path of your Windows ISO file, or click BROWSE and select the file from the OPEN dialog box. Click NEXT.
- Select USB DEVICE to create a copy on a USB flash drive.
- Select your USB device in the drop-down list and click BEGIN COPYING.
- After the completion of copying process, your bootable USB drive is ready.