Comments Love – Top 14 WP Plugins To Increase Comments At Blog
Following WordPress Plugins will help your blog get more comments, encourage and attract users to comment more and more…and of course even more.
Subscribe to Comments Wp-Plugin
Subscribe to Comments is a robust plugin that enables commenters to sign up for e-mail notification of subsequent entries. The plugin includes a full-featured subscription manager that your commenters can use to unsubscribe to certain posts, block all notifications, or even change their notification e-mail address!
Get Recent Comments Plugin
This plugin shows excerpts of the latest comments and/or trackbacks in your sidebar. You have comprehensive control about their appearance. This ranges from the number of comments, the length of the excerpts up to the html layout. You can let the plugin order the comments by the corresponding post, or simply order them by date. The plugin can (optionally) separate the trackbacks/pingbacks from the comments. It can ignore comments to certain categories, and it offers support for gravatars. It only gives extra work to the database, when actually a new comment arrived. You can filter out unwanted pingbacks, which originate from your own blog. And it is a widget.
Top Commentators Widget
The Top Commentators Widget a sidebar widget to show the top commentators in your WP site. Adapted from Show Top Commentators plugin at Personal Financial Advice, this widget is easier to manage via the control form (no need to edit the PHP file); additional options are also available to make it more flexible. Read the FAQ section on how to customize the widget, and take a look at the screen shot to see the control form for customizing the Top Commentators Widget.
Ajax Comment Posting
Retrieves a list of the posts with the most comments.
This WordPress plugin remove the “nofollow” attribute from your wordpress blog’s comments (precisely from the author’s links) and/or from the comments text links and it inserts (if you want) an image band at the top of your pages with the phrase: “NOFOLLOW FRE” to encourage your users to submit comments. The last release includes new options to replace the nofollow only when the author posted X comments before and put back the nofollow when some blacklisted words are matched. The replacement of the nofollow is also based on the users type (registered and visitor users). Every option cna be customized by the options page “NOFF”. NoFollow Free now is multilingual, it supports English, Spanish, Italian, German, Turkish, Swedish, French, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Danish, Arabic, Croatian, Norwegian, Indonesian, Dutch, Hungarian and Polish languages. Now it comes with a nice sidebar Widget support to show the top ten charts for the top commenters.
Ajax Comment Preview
Other preview plugins don’t know what sort of changes WordPress will make to a visitor’s comment, but this plugin uses AJAX to send each previewed comment through WordPress’ inner voodoo in order to figure out those changes. The result? With the click of a button, your site’s visitors can preview their comment exactly as it will appear when they submit it.
This plugin allows you to add Twitter-like @reply links to comments. When clicked, those links insert the author name and a link to the comment you are replying to in the textarea.
Live Comment Preview
New WordPress Software contains gravatars support by default. If you are using an old version of WordPress then this Plugin will add support for gravatars for your blog. This plugin lets you use Gravatar, MyBlogLog, OpenAvatar, Wavatar, Identicon, monsterID or Favico.ico files with your comments.
This plugin does:
- Gravatar, MyBlogLog, OpenAvatar, Wavatar, Identicon, monsterID with the comments section
- Let’s you set your own CSS style to use with the Comments section and the author about box.
- Gives you a Widget with your profile info and your gravatar
- Use an Author Profile box in the sidebar if your theme does not support Widgets.
- Gives you your Gravatar with every blog post (always top left of post in 20px*20px)
- Gives you the option to show an about the author box with posts shown on single page
- Makes Gravatars from users with no blog/url link back to your own site.
- Lets you set a default gravatar to use on your site for users that don’t have a gravatar
- Recent Comments Widget that shows Gravatar, OpenAvatar, Wavatar, Identicon, monsterID (in 20px*20px not changeable by user)
- Makes use of favicon.ico of the users site, if the user don’t have a Gravatar.
- Let’s you show the Gravatar, OpenAvatar, Wavatar, Identicon, monsterID avatars in the Edit Comment section of your admin pages.
- Let’s you set the size of the Gravatar, OpenAvatar, Wavatar, Identicon, monsterID and MyBlogLog avatars
WP Ajax Edit Comments
WP Ajax Edit Comments allows users and admins to edit comments on a post. Users can edit their own comments for a limited time, while admins can edit all comments. When using this plugin for the first time, please test out various characters.
- Can edit, mark for moderation, mark as spam, and delete a comment from a post.
- Can edit in all comment panels in the WordPress admin panel.
- Can de-spam, approve, moderate, and edit comments in the Akismet panel.
- Various admin-panel options including
- Can edit comment time.
- Can specify anonymous user options.
- Can specify logged-in user options.
- Can choose between Akismet and Defensio for spam protection.
- Can disable timer.
- And much more…
WordPress Thread Comment
This Plugin is an enhancement for WordPress’s comment function. It enables users to reply on a exist comment, and the discussion will be displayed threaded or nested.
- One can reply on any exist comments.
- The discussion will be displayed nested or threaded.
- Easy to install. No hacking on WordPress or your theme is needed.
- W3C compatible.
- Customizable HTML / PHP / CSS on admin section.
- AJAX support, enables to comment without reloading the whole page.
- Choose AJAX or not freely
- Get notification by email when reply is available.
- Can manage comment in front-end(move comment, delete comment)
Brians Threaded Comments
Threaded Comments in a nested form i.e. comments and replies.
Comment Relish WordPress Plugin
Comment relish is a WordPress plugin developed to send an e-mail message to users who comment on your website who have never commented before. The message dispatched to the user is defined within the pluginâ€™s preferences. Numerous tags have been integrated to allow for information to be included in the message easily (I.E.: timestamp, author name, comment, ETC.).