Can’t Read From Data Socket – Socket Error = #10055 – Fix
I have been using Cute ftp for a while and recently I got stuck with the following error:
Can’t Read From Data Socket – Socket Error = #10055
When I was trying to open a particular directory it was giving this error and directory was not opening.
Cause: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full. This error indicates a shortage of system resources. Contributing factors may include the number of programs running simultaneously, the amount of physical memory available, the size of the paging file and the amount of disk space available. Lets fix this error.
Performing one or more of these suggestions may resolve the error:
- Close any unneeded programs that may be running.
- Restart the computer to free up system resources.
- If applicable, clear out old or completed transfers that may be listed in CuteFTP’s Queue window. To do so, right-click in the Queue window and then click Remove All.
- Limit the bandwidth used by CuteFTP. On the Tools menu click Global Options and then click Transfer. In the General area, change the Global Bandwidth Limit to 600 KB/s or less.
- Increase the available virtual memory by increasing the size of the Windows paging file.
- Increase the available RAM for your host.
When I increased the physical memory of my web host, the problem was solved.