Bypass iPhone Lock Screen On iOS 6 and iOS 6.1
Its a recently discovered known security issue in iOS6 that can enable you to bypass iPhone lock screen without having to enter the actual password. This is useful in case you forgot your iPhone password but its a serious issue if your iPhone gets to the wrong hands.
No operating system / code is free of bugs completely. It takes time for software developers to figure out and answer those bugs. And when these known bugs are answered, someone finds out another security loop hole in the system. Then software has to be updated to the new version. Story is same for the Apple iOS. iPhone4 users faced unexpected battery drainage. iOS devices also have issues with setting automatic brightness levels. Problem in network signal was reported a while back. Now new issues in iOS6 have been reported by Apple users. Here is the trick that can bypass the iPhone lock screen on iOS6 and access iPhone contacts.
If you forgot your passcode and you need to use the phone in an emergency case, then this trick is very useful. You can access the iPhone application, make calls, use iPhone contacts without entering passcode on lock screen. But you can not access other apps on iPhone.
This trick will work on iPhone running iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6.0.2, iOS 6.1, iOS 6.1.1.
- Press Home button to turn on device and slide to bring passcode screen.
- Tap “Emergency Call” button.
- Press and hold the Power button or Lock button.
- When it asks to “Slide to power off”, Tap “Cancel”.
- Enter 112
- Double tap on the green colored Dial button.
- Lock iPhone by pressing Power button or lock button.
- Turn iPhone on by pressing Home button again.
- Slide to show “Enter Passcode” screen.
- Press and hold the Power button or lock button for 2 to 3 seconds.
- After 2 to 3 seconds and before the “Slide to power off” option appears, tap “Emergency Call” while holding the lock button.
- Press Home button and release power or lock button.
That’s it. You are in iPhone application without entering a password.
Obviously Apple will release fix for this bug soon. It has not been fixed yet though.