Break Windows Administrator Passoword – Part 1
The screen above is showing you two windows users. You can have as many as you want. Many users do not bother about creating more then one accounts. While installing windows XP, user is asked about administrator password. Some users provide password and some not. In case you have not given administrator password and created another windows user. Suppose you forgot user’s password then you can always Ctrl+alt+Del twice at Logon screen to switch between Log On Mode which will bring prompt asking you user’s name and password. Write administrator in user input box and press enter. You are in. That is ok.
I am discussing here the worst case. Consider the following scenario:
– You gave administrator password during installation.
– You did not created another user other then administrator after windows XP installation.
– And then you forgot your password.
– Now you have Log on screen asking you the the user’s password or administrator password which you have forgotten. Now what?
What to do (You might not want to do the installation again or secure some files etc.)
There are number of ways to cope this problem. i.e.
- Use bootable CD to log into Windows as another user
- Use Active Password Changer – www.password-changer.com
- I recommed you another way relating to SAM files.
There is a location in Windows Xp as
There are two files
These files contain user information.
Delete these and password will be removed for all accounts.
Now you are not in Windows.
You have encountered a screen asking you password.
And you need to go to the path
to remove SAM files.
Use another PC.
Connect your hard disk with locked account in that, run that other PC with connected 2nd hard disk and browse its C drive for that location and delete SAM files.
Unplug your hard disk.
Connect it to your PC.
Boot the PC.
Password will be blank.