BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK and Simulator for Apps Development Download
RIM (Research In Motion) has released BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK Beta and Simulator for developers to build and test apps for BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK allows developers to create Adobe AIR applications. It will also include support for Flash and HTML5 in coming releases.
BlackBerry Tablet OS Features
- Based on the proven QNX Neutrino RTOS, which powers mission-critical systems on the space station, government defense systems, life-saving medical devices and millions of in-car systems
- Reliable, high-performance kernel engineered for multi-core hardware
- Multi-threaded POSIX OS (Portable Operating System for Unix) for true multitasking
- Built from the ground up to run WebKit and Adobe Flash
- Built with the security, efficiency and seamless connectivity from the ground up you’d expect from RIM
BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK and Simulator are available for Windows and Mac users. If you are a developer and have interest in app development for RIM’s upcoming tablet then proceed to the following download link. PlayBook is the officially announced tablet computer by RIM which is expected soon.