Barnes & Noble Ereader with 2 Months Battery Life
Barnes & Noble unveiled touchscreen E-Ink ereader in New York City at a press event which is capable of going without charging for 2 months.
Its price is $139, and its Wi-Fi-only. It competes with Amazon’s Wi-Fi-only Kindle 3, which is also at price of $139. The new Nook device offers many improvements and enhancements which make it better than Kindle 3.
- Sports touchscreen which reduces the number of buttons to one
- A simple on/off switch on the upper back
- Up to two months of battery life which is double than the Kindle, and greater than any ereader
- Smaller than the Kindle at 6 x 5 x 0.47 inches (Kindle is 7.5 x 4.8 x 0.335)
- Sports the same 6-inch screen.
- 7.5 ounces (One ounce lighter than the Kindle 3)
The device is available for pre-order in-store and on nook.com, and will ship on June 19 2011.