Backup Your Full Flickr Account – 13 Free Apps for Win,MAC,Lin
Flickr is the most popular, free and professional photo management, hosting and sharing application service. Many of us upload their favorite photos collection directly from our hard drives. So most of us have got backups locally in our PC already. But if hard disk crashes or you upload photos at flickr using mobile phone then you may not have backups of your data. In this case following utilities and methods are very useful.
Backup Flickr Using Downloadr
- Download the software Downloadr
- Login to your Flickr Account
- Launch Downloadr
- Click Extras -> Authenticate. It will open Flickr website in browser
- You shall see an option “Ok, I’ll allow it” which authenticates downloadr to access your flickr account.
- Open Downloadr, click Extras -> Backup now
Downloadr will start downloading your Flickr Photos which you can save in hard disk and burn it on a CD or copy these in a USB drive.
Backup Flickr Using Flickr Backup
It is perfect tool for downloading all of your photos from Flickr and creating a backup. Flickr Backup is a free tool written in java and available for both Windows and Mac users.
Backup Flickr Using Flump
Flump is a simple application that allows your to download all of the public photos for a specific Flickr account. Its for Windows, MAC and Linux.
Download and install the application from the AIR file. Once you have installed and launched the application, enter the flickr account ID or account name of the account that you want to download the images from. You can optionally specify the folder that the images will be downloaded into. Default directory is flump on the desktop. You can also specify how the downloaded files will be named.
Backup Flickr Using Desktop Flickr Organizer for Gnome (Linux)
The application allows online/offline mode management of your photos. You can upload, search and download photos, through the easy to use interface. DFO stores all the updates offline, and with a simple and intuitive graphical interface, allows you to be way more productive. You’ll never dread having to organize sets, edit titles, descriptions and tags for the hundreds or thousands of photos you’ve accumulated. And you can do all this editing, when you’re just trying to kill your time in train, or that long plane trip (WOW!!!).
To install it on Ubuntu, follow these instructions:
- sudo apt-get install mono libmono-sqlite2.0-cil libgconf2.0-cil gtk-sharp2
- Download Desktop Flickr Organizer files from the ‘Downloads’ section, and execute ‘sh run.sh’. That’s it!
Backup Flickr Using FlickrFaves
FlickrFaves is a small utility for downloading high-resultion versions of your Flickr favorites to your hard drive. This means, hundreds of beautiful new wallpapers at the click of a button! FlickrFaves is a cross-platform utility written in Java. All features are:
- Download your Flickr favorites in the highest available resolution
- Optional minimum resolution: only download images that are sufficiently large for your screen
- Optionally limit the number of images downloaded — download only your newest faves
- Choose whether to re-download and overwrite existing images
- Automatically detects incomplete downloads
- Optionally delete stale faves
- Optionally exclude certain images
- Automatically remembers your choices
Backup Flickr Using flickrBuddy
This tool allow you to see and download the most interesting pictures of your flickr’s contacts. You’ll need the Microsoft .NET Framework to run it.
Backup Flickr Using FlickrSavr (MAC)
FlickrSavr searches Flickr for username, tags, contacts and also it can show results random. FlickrSavr downloads images based on the criteria specified and creates a slideshow of images and titles.
Backup Flickr Using FlickrDown
FlickrDown saves pictures locally. All of them. It requires Microsoft .NET framework.
Backup Flickr Using Flickr AutoDownloadr
Flickr AutoDownloadr is a small, freeware Windows application written using the Flickr API and AutoIt. Using it, you can pick any photos from Flickr – yours, your friends’, random strangers’ – and create a slideshow from them, which displays in a fullscreen window.
Backup Flickr Using Flickr Downloader
Easily download entire sets, single or multiple pictures Flickr.
- It can save entire sets
- Allows saving multiple images from a set’s thumbnail and detail view
- Can automatically download the best available quality for a picture
- The program allows you to define your preferred image quality (original, large, medium)
- It can also save protected images that are placed below the transparent “spaceball” area (!OMG!)
- Add tags to downloaded images
- Add ratings to pictures
Backup Flickr Using PowerSnap
PowerSnap is one single application that allows you to:
- Manage all your offline photos
- Manage your photos on Flickr
- Send and receive subscriptions (subscribe to a tag/album from a friend and receive photos as he uploads them)
- Two-way sync between Flickr and your desktop (that’s the thing, yep, yep)
- Send and receive photos privately
Backup Flickr Using Flickrtouchr
Oh! Scriptsssss. Command line geeks can use this at their MAC or Linux. A Python script to grab all your photos from flickr and dump them into a directory, organized into folders by set name.
Download FlickrTouchr and as per the README, invoke it using the commands:
mkdir FlickrBackupFolder python flickrtouchr.py FlickrBackupFolder
FlickrTouchr will launch your browser and open a page asking you to authorize it to access your Flickr account. Once the script gets running, you can see it create folders of images on your hard drive based on your Flickr set names as it goes. If a photo isn’t in any set, it gets saved in a folder called “No Set”. If you schedule this script to run on a weekly basis, it will simply update the photos that don’t already exist in your backup. [Detailed instruction]
Backup Flickr Using FlickrEdit
FlickrEdit is a Java Desktop application that allows you to display and edit your photos in a variety of ways. It also allows you to download/backup or upload your photos to and from Flickr. FlickrEdit is written in Java and it uses flickrj framework to access Flickr. Features list is here:
- Display your Flickr Photos and Sets
- Display your Not in Set, Recent, Favorites, Contacts and Group photos
- Search photos based on date and tag
- Backup your Flickr Photos and Sets
- Backup Title, Description, Tags, and Copyright and store them into the IPTC header of the images.
- Upload new photos to Flickr (including asynchronous upload)
- Edit Photo and Set info, add comments to Photos and Sets
- Rotate photos
- Delete photos or Sets
- View a photo or selected photos slideshow
- Switch between multiple Flickr users
Discussion at the Flickr Groups about Flickr Backup might also prove helpful in deciding which one is the right choice.
Hiroshi is a senior web developer, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of TechMynd. You can subscribe to TechMynd's newsletter to receive free software, giveaways, technology news and updates in email. Become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter. Got any question? Contact us or visit us on our Google Profile.