Next Android Version is KitKat – Features and Details
Android is just getting more sweeter. Google has announced the next version of Android, ‘Kitkat’. This is Android 4.4. Google explains how they named Android releases. Android is the operating system that powers over 1 billion smartphones and tablets. Since these devices make our lives so sweet, each Android version is named after a dessert: Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Jelly Bean. As everybody finds it difficult to stay away from chocolate, so they decided to name the next version of Android after one of our favorite chocolate treats, Kit Kat!
To make this release even sweeter, Kit Kat is giving you the chance to win a Nexus 7 or Google Play credit. Just look for specially branded Kit Kat candy bars featuring the Android robot in a store near you.
Kitkat Expected Features
These are few features that are expected with the new Android kitkat.
- Updated and revamped user interface
- Enhancement of the battery life
- Wider global coverage among network carriers and network modes
- Optimized and compatible OS to support old Android phones and tablets
- Lightweight system and better performance, faster UI
- Firmware available for older phones
- Fragmentation changes via screen re-sizing
- Miracast updates
- New Gallery Visualisation
- New APIs regarding animations
- Palette colour themes instead of the default blue Android
- New Notifications Widgets
- Exclusive cloud storage
- Enhanced multitasking
- Revamped messaging
- Visual voicemails
- Improved security
- Enhanced Google Now (outside US support for its full features)
- Find my Droid app