8 Free Fonts Management Tools For Windows
If you are one of those who work with hundreds of fonts then fonts management is not an easy task. Installing, uninstalling fonts, handling missing fonts and categorizing and viewing font is tough job. For you here is a list of font management and explorer tools all for free to download and use. If your favorite font explorer is missing here then let us know below in the comments.
LinoType Font Explorer X
Organize your fonts just like your media files – using a library, folders, tags and even smart sets. You want direct access to all typefaces from a certain foundry? All italics? Or all fonts tagged with a certain keyword? FontExplorer X makes this easy!
All fonts and formats are recognized automatically and can be managed in a comfortable way. You decide whether FontExplorer X should take control over the folder structure, or if you want to leave it untouched – we built this software to be as unobtrusive as possible.
LinoType Font explorer
Opcion Font Viewer
Opcion font viewer is a free and open source font viewer written in Java. It allows you to view both installed and uninstalled fonts and makes selecting the right font for your project quick and easy.
- Viewing of installed/uninstalled fonts.
- List view of installed/uninstalled fonts.
- Adding/removing of favourite fonts.
- Saving of favourite fonts.
- Customizable sample/display text.
- Customizable font size.
- Customizable font properties (bold, italic, etc.) in sample text area.
- Changeable fonts displayed per page in List View.
FontFrenzy tames the frenzy of fonts that can clutter and slow down Windows. The DeFrenzy function removes and stores all fonts except those that were present when Windows was first installed. In short, it cleans up your font folder so that Windows boots quicker and runs smoother.
FontFrenzy helps solve the problem of Windows font overload. The special FrenzySnap function enables you to establish “restore points” and re-install the fonts that were in your system on a specific date. FontFrenzy is also a great general font manager. It has the ability to preview, print, add and delete fonts. FontFrenzy is fully-functional freeware – with the nag screen easily removed after a painless registration.
Font Xplorer is freeware. Works with TrueType and OpenType fonts that have TrueType outlines.
Do you need to find that perfect font for best friend’s birthday card? Want to get a detailed overview of all the fonts installed on your system? Or, so you find that font installation in Windows is too difficult for you? Want to print professionally designed sample sheets listing all your fonts? Font Xplorer comes to the rescue! Designed for both beginners and professionals, this font tool should find a place in every computer.
- Browse both installed and not installed TrueType* fonts from disk.
- See what each font looks like, so it’s very easy to compare fonts.
- Special “user text compare” mode allows you to find the perfect font in seconds.
- Load, install, unload, uninstall, manage fonts.
- Print pre-designed, professional sample sheets and font listings.
- Save bitmap images of fonts.
- Search for duplicate fonts using CRC check.
- Rename font files to use a font’s full name with undo support (i.e. arialbi.ttf to Arial Bold Italic.ttf).
- Comprehensive font info is available (full name, copyright, embedding info, available character sets etc.)
- Advanced, resizable character map that shows all a font’s scripts and allows you to zoom in on any character. You can even copy a symbol to the clipboard as a vector image or rich text.
- View extended font metrics information.
- View the installation status of fonts to instantly determine if that font is already installed.
- Filter fonts by character set so you only see symbol fonts, for example.
- Mark fonts and optionally view only marked fonts.
- Integrated Repair Wizard solves most common problems with fonts.
- Extensive support for calling external programs. Plus support for different variables in callable command lines.
- Fully customizable toolbars and menus with Office 2000 look & feel. Mix menus and toolbar buttons, create new toolbars, reposition them etc.
MainType – Windows Font Manager
- Install, uninstall, load and unload fonts
- Preview and browse fonts on any drive or directory without installation
- Full Unicode support
- Character grid with Unicode block navigation
- Print and print preview your fonts
- Support all popular font formats and more: TrueType, OpenType, TrueType Collections, Postscript Type 1, Vector and Raster fonts
- Move, copy, rename and delete fonts
- Full drag and drop support
- Insert characters into background applications
- Font export wizard generates a HTML-based overview of all your fonts
The Font Thing
- Browse installed and uninstalled fonts.
- Browse fonts in subfolders as a single combined list.
- View sample text and individual characters in your choice of colours.
- Change sample text “on the fly” or easily switch between your own standard text samples.
- View detailed font information.
- Print font samples.
- Associate notes with fonts.
- Install or uninstall any number of fonts at once.
- Load (and unload) any number of fonts for temporary use.
- Copy or delete any number of font files at once.
- Rename font files to avoid file name conflicts.
- Filter fonts according to their type.
- Group fonts into collections for easier management.
- Use multiple font windows simultaneously for easy font comparison and management.
AMP Font Viewer
- Supports TrueType and OpenType fonts.
- Supports Type1 fonts.
- Installation of fonts from a folder (one by one or from a list).
- Installation of fonts temporally (until the program is closed).
- Deletion of installed fonts.
- List of all installed fonts with several display options.
- List of the fonts from a folder with several display options.
- Several options for organizing fonts in categories and managing them.
- It can print a list of all or some of the installed fonts with an example of each font.
- Scratchpad area for testing the look of any font (installed or from a folder).
- Dual English/Spanish version.
C Font Pro
- TrueType, OpenType, Bitmap, and Postscript Type 1 font support Supports all common font types
- Many ways to view your fonts View your fonts in many useful ways
- Control your font collections Manage your font collections
- Interface can be customized Highly customizable interface
- Full Featured Font Manager Feature rich font manager
- Give Cfont Pro a Try A must try application
C Font Pro