50 Top Portable Addictive Free Games
There are penguins on an iceberg in Antarctica. You have been selected to catch them so they can be shipped to Finland, where they are essential to a secret plot for world domination. Or something.
In order to trap the penguins, you’ll need to break the iceberg into small chunks. You do this by melting lines in the ice. If a penguin hits a line in progress, however, it vanishes with a loud noise, and you lose a life. Once 80% or more of the iceberg is gone, the remaining chunks are small enough for shipping. Of course, if you manage to get rid of more than that, you’ll save on postage, thus earning you exponential amounts of Geek Cred (a.k.a. “score”). After you ship off one batch of penguins, it’s time to move on to the next. Each subsequent ‘berg will have one more penguin, and you’ll have one more life.
The left mouse button starts drawing lines; the right (and/or middle) button toggles between making vertical and horizontal lines. Note that left clicking actually starts two lines: either up and down or left and right. If one of these lines is hit before it reaches the edge of the iceberg, you’ll lose a life. If both are hit, you’ll lose two lives. As a tiny bit of grace, if you click directly on a penguin, it’ll say “Ouch” and nothing else will happen. Once a line is completed, any area containing no penguins is cleared. Once 80% has been cleared, the level is complete. You get an exponential bonus for every percentage point above that, so you want to try to make your last line suddenly clear a huge chunk of ice.
ooleem Portable is an easy to learn puzzle game packaged as a portable app. You’ll spend hours playing this simply addictive game. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer.
- It’s easy to learn because there’s only one rule. Click on four marbles of the same color to form a rectangle.
- The longer you play the harder it gets.
- Custom marbles Oxygen, Everaldo and PortableApps.com with improved differentiation that also work for those with color blindness.
Kobo Deluxe is a 3rd person scrolling 2D shooter standard controls. You’ll have to deal with lots of enemy ships that shooting at you, chasing you, circling you, and even launching other ships at you, while you try to destroy the maze-like bases.
- Fast paced retro arcade style gameplay
- Smooth, high speed 8-way scrolling
- Very simple controls – the game is about speed and strategy
- 17 different enemies; fighter ships, kamikaze attackers, proxy bombs and more
- 50 maps, each with it’s own feel and strategies to figure out
- Maps are built as you enter them – each game is unique!
- Structured audio technology – hi-fi sound in a tiny download
- OpenGL support for extremely fast and smooth animation
- High resolution support up to 2560×1600 – five types of scaling
- Supports any display color depth – dithering for 15 and 16 bpp
- Supports control by keyboard, mouse or joystick
LBreakout2 Portable is a fun breakout-style arcade game packaged as a portable app so you can play it wherever you go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.
LBreakout2 Portable is a breakout-style arcade game in the manner of Arkanoid. Use your paddle to aim a ball at bricks until all bricks are destroyed. Lots of power-ups will help you with that task: extra balls, energy balls, extra lifes, weapons, glue, bonus floors, paddle expansion and extra score. Your best results are saved in a highscore chart.
LMarbles is a layout-matching puzzle game. An arrangement of marbles is presented and you must match it using the marbles on the board.
If a marble starts to move it will not stop until it hits a wall or another marble. To make it more interesting there are obstacles like one-way streets, crumbling walls and portals.