3DS Studio Max
3DS Max is a professional 3D animation rendering and modeling software package used mostly by game developers, design visualization specialists, and visual effects artists. Learn tips to create rich, complex design virtualizations, realistic game characters, or 3D film effects in this section.
Create stunning 3D in less time with Autodesk 3ds Max software. This full-featured 3D modeling, animation, and rendering solution is used to produce top-selling games and award-winning film and video content. It’s a tool of choice for quickly generating realistic characters, seamless CG effects, jaw-dropping games, and top-quality film and television content. Enhanced tool sets enable you to create your 3D environment the way you want, manage complex scenes, and take advantage of improved software interoperability and pipeline-integration support.
Game development, television, film, and web, multimedia, and marketing communications professionals will want to explore this latest release of the comprehensive animation, 3D modeling, and 3D rendering software.
Innovative Creative Tools in 3ds Max
- A new Graphite modeling and texturing system introduces at least 100 additional creative tools.
- Render-like effects in the viewport display offer near photo-real quality for faster decision making.
Powerful New Referencing and Scene Management Capabilities
- Artists can create robust referencing workflows to help organize complex scenes as a single Container object.
- A new Material Explorer helps to simplify the way artists interact with objects and materials.
- New multithreaded xView mesh analyzer technology for in-viewport reporting on several types of mesh.
Enhanced Software Interoperability and Pipeline Integration
- 3ds Max 2010 is the first animation package to integrate mental images’ powerful mental mill technology.
- Enhanced OBJ support and ProOptimizer technology offers improved interoperability with Autodesk Mudbox software.
- Additional support for C# and .NET.
- 3ds Max 2010 has the features offered in the Creativity Extension for 3ds Max 2009, released in August 2008.
Link to Autodesk
More about 3D Studio Max