10 Tips About Choosing WordPress Plugins
by Hiroshi on March 18th, 2008
Always choose plugins carefully. These can be handy for your blog or prove to be a nightmare in opposite case. Allow me to help you to how to choose right plugins for your WordPress blog.
- Do not use plugin which causes 404 error. Use 404 notifier plugin to know about 404 URLs hitting your blog.
- Do not use plugins from suspected source.
- Do not use plugin which causes js warning (object expected or var undefined etc) in status bar.
- Do not use plugin which is heavy and causes more burden for blog.
- Do not use old versions of plugins. Always confirm that you are using latest plugin compatible with WordPress version you are using.
- Do not keep extra plugins in your WP-Plugins directory which you are not using at all.
- Do not use unnecessary plugins for your blog. Plugins increase your blog pages loading time. Just necessary and essential plugins must be with your blog.
- Do not use such plugin which does not provide uninstall facility, if it uses database. This will Keep your database clean.
- Do not use plugin which conflicts your css design and scheme.
- Do not use plugins which are not well supported. A simple check is to see whether specific plugin is available in Plugin Directory of WordPress or not.