10 Steps to Search Engine Placement
Are you happy with your current search engine placement? Are people able to find your site among the millions of sites on the Internet? Does your Web site deliver the amount of traffic you had hoped for? A search engine placement survey conducted by the Georgia Institute of Technology shows that about 85-% of people looking for goods or services on the Internet start by using one of the major search engines. If your Web site doesn’t have a high search engine placement, those seeking to buy your products will simply not find it.
When someone goes looking for your products in a search engine, will your site come up before or after your competitor’s site? Do people see your site first? That’s what search engine placement is all about.
This 10-step tutorial will guide you through all the moves necessary to design a site with search engine placement in mind. Learn the secrets of creating a search engine friendly, high-ranking site:
- Find effective high ranking keywords and phrases for your Web site.
- Use correctly formatted title and meta tags on all pages.
- Optimize your content and design for higher rankings.
- Make doorway pages for carefully selected keywords.
- Check for spam — and other common mistakes.
- Register a high-ranking, keyword-rich domain.
- Discover search engine friendly Web hosting.
- Add your URL to the top 10 search engines.
- Monitor and improve your site’s ranking.
- Analyze and understand web log files.