10 Best Portable Anti-virus, Anti-malware Tools
You know, well not always, you can afford to buy the best anti-virus out there to protect your PC. And not always the same anti-virus or anti-malware will stay in your PC. Consider a case when you do not have internet access to download free home edition of anti-virus but you have your USB drive with you and you want to scan a computer for infection and remove it using USB right away. Or lets say you do not want to install a heavy anti-virus software but you want to scan your PC at regular basis without installing any software. Here are some best portable tools which will remove Viruses, Malwares, Trojans and other number of infections from your PC without installing a thing in your PC. Portable antivirus will make complete virus scan possible using portable antivirus software.
Virus removal with portable free Antivirus
1- Portable AMPAW SmasherX (Autorun Virus Protector)
AMPAWsmasherX is effective on protecting your system from autorun viruses. You may also use it as removing known and unknown malwares “manually” with the tools included. It will give you some protection on registry that some malwares change. AMPAWsmasherX is a free tool that will give you protection on autorun.inf viruses. It will also ask you if you want to delete programs included on the syntax of the autorun.inf. Automatic remove some known viruses and enable taskmanager, run, regedit in case disabled by viruses.
SmasherX has got following tools: Registry fix, registry backup, virus blocker, file assassin, Malware tracker, office recovery, process analyzer, process explorer, HijackThis, HijackFREE, site restriction remover, double click open fixes, ie title fixes and more…
2- Portable ClamWin
ClamWin Portable is the popular ClamWin antivirus packaged as a portable app, so you can take your antivirus with you to scan files on the go. You can place it on your USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive or a CD and use it on any computer, without leaving any personal information behind.
ClamWin is a Free Antivirus for Microsoft Windows. It provides a graphical user interface to the Clam AntiVirus engine. It features:
- High detection rates for viruses and spyware
- Regular virus database updates. ClamAV team regularly updates virus databases to include a new virus/variant immediately after it appears
- Standalone Virus Scanner
3- Portable Remove Personal Antivirus
This application is used to remove fake ‘Personal Antivirus’ from your computer. Personal Antivirus is a rogue anti-spyware program. It is installed by a trojan called Zlob, which trys to trick you into buying the alleged rogue anti-spyware programs.
4- Portable Simple Machine Protect
SMP or Simple Machine Protect is a portable antivirus software build to remove certain variant of virus, worm, malwares, trojan and spyware from your computer. Simple Machine Protect is an open source, simple antivirus. Here are some key features of “Simple Machine Protect”:
- Memory system scanning and terminate immediately when virus is detected
- Beep sound when virus is detected
- Repair registry values
- Scan all files or use the extensions list
- View process and progress information
- View memory information and CPU usage
- Make Windows run faster
- Quick jump to Windows System Tools
- Scan specified location
- Report Service, generate log file
- Recover hidden files (hidden and superhidden)
- Repair the infected files
- Friendly Interface and Use
- View running processes (all tasks revealing controlled)
- Clean the junk files
- Clean recycle bin
5- Portable Multi Virus Cleaner
Portable Multi Virus Cleaner is a portable utility that will help you to get rid of viruses. Multi Virus Cleaner represents a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove major viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when cleaning infected systems. Multi Virus Cleaner is regularly updated and can detect more than 2,800 common viruses, worms, trojans and dialers (including all variants of the Sober, MyDoom and Bagle viruses).
6- Portable NVT Windows Securer
Secure your Windows using ‘Portable NVT Windows Securer’. NVT Windows Securer is a program that will inform you about your windows security status. It will show you if your system may be vulnerable from external intrusions, will suggest you what you should do. You will be able to enable and disable services, remove files that are allowed in Windows Firewall, monitor status of your windows security, secure DCOM, control HOSTS (etc\hosts) file, manage Services, and many other things. For Frequently Asked Questions read the Readme.txt. Features include:
- Enable/Disable DCOM
- Enable/Disable DcomLaunch
- Enable/Disable Remote Access Service
- Enable/Disable Remote Registry Service
- Enable/Disable TCP-IP NetBIOS Helper Service
- Enable/Disable NetBIOS Interface Service
- Enable/Disable NetBIOS on TCP Service
- Enable/Disable Telnet Service
- Enable/Disable Task Manager
- Enable/Disable Windows Firewall (Domain and Standard)
- Remove Allowed files in Windows Firewall (Domain and Standard)
- Enable/Disable Automatic Windows Updates
- Enable/Disable Registry Tools (regedit)
- Enable/Disable Windows File Protection
- Enable/Disable User Access Control (VISTA)
- Control HOSTS (etc\hosts) File
- Monitor Security of your system
- Control HOSTS File
- Manage allowed programs in Windows Firewall
- Processes management
- Services and Drivers management
7- Portable Antivirus
Portable Antivirus is a small antivirus to remove certain variant of virus, trojan and spyware from your computer. Portable Antivirus currently built to remove more than 200+ viruses includes Virus, Worm, Trojan, Spyware, adware & its variants. Here are some key features of “Portable Antivirus”:
- Scan & remove an infected files from all fixed and removable drives or make your own choice
- Uses less CPU and memory resource
- Support drag and drop files to Portable Antivirus to scan instantly
- System process scanning and terminate immediately when virus is detected
- Give you 2 options for scanning – Always Delete and Report Only
8- Portable PeerGuardian
PeerGuardian 2 is Phoenix Labs premier IP blocker for Windows (XP, Vista, Win7). PeerGuardian 2 integrates support for multiple lists, list editing, automatic updates, and blocking all of IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, etc), making it the safest and easiest way to protect your privacy on P2P. Its also available for MAC OSX and Linux.
9- Portable ExpertSec Malware Detection Engine
This is a malware scanner which will scan windows folder and let you know if any file does not belong there and to spot something malicious in Windows folder; the place where most of the malware resides.
10- Portable File Assassin
Chances are if you have been using a computer, you have ran into one or more of the following messages:
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
These are very common messages that occur when attempting to delete files that a particular malware infection put onto your system. FileASSASSIN is an application that can delete any type of locked files that are on your computer. Whether the files are from a malware infection or just a particular file that will not delete – FileASSASSIN can remove it. The program uses advanced programming techniques to unload modules, close remote handles, and terminate processes to remove the particular locked file. Please use with caution as deleting critical system files may cause system errors.