10 Best Flickr Uploaders – Upload Photos at Flickr with Ease and Fun
Flickr is the best solution for photo sharing medium. It has helped photographers and every other user to manage and share their photos very well. While we have a good Flickr uploader to upload photos as shown below:
How about if you want some more ease while uploading at Flickr? You might want to customize upload size, licence info, photoset selection, privacy control, tags and more controls such as batch editing of photos before hitting upload button. Allow me to share 10 best free apps for uploading at Flickr for Windows, Linux and MAC.
Flishr Flickr Uploader (Win)
Flishr is an application to Download, Upload and Search photos from one central command console on your PC. Flishr has certain features that make Flickr easy to use, especially for those who need to search and download photos from Flickr or they may need to upload photos to Flickr, in a fast and easy way.
- Find any photo on Flickr with just a few clicks
- Choose the photos you like and download them to your PC
- Upload your photos to Flickr in a more efficient way
- Export a list of selected photos into a XML file
- Search and Download interesting photos to your PC
- Search and Download photos from groups
- Make collections on your PC to keep track of favorites
Kflickr Flickr Uploader (Linux)
Kflickr is an easy to use photo uploader for flickr written for KDE.
- Drag-n-drop from other applications (such as Konqueror and DigiKam)
- Easy editing of your photo properties (title, description, privacy, tags)
- Access to your Flickr.com list of tags
- Support for more than one user
- Large Image preview
- Support for the new flickr authentication
- Batch editing of photos
- Proxy server support
- Support for JPG, PNG and (non-animated) GIF photo formats
- Photo rotate and resize before upload
- Konqueror Service menu (not available in the KDE4 release)
- Now a KPart (allows for future integration into other apps)
- Supports DCOP and Unicode support
jUploadr Flickr Uploader
jUploadr is a cross platform (a photo uploader for Linux, Mac and Windows), cross-site Photo uploader. It runs on Windows, Linux and OS X and supports both Flickr and Zooomr. It allows you to set all properties of a photo before you upload it. It also supports batch editing, so you can make short work of uploading a bunch of files.
Fireflix Flickr Uploader
Fireflix is a flickr uploader/manager extension for Firefox web browser. Here are some features:
- Upload photos from local files
- Generate HTML for linked thumbnails of selected photos
- Search flickr for photos
- Browse your sets
Flickr Foldr Monitr Flickr Uploader
Foldr Monitr is a free tool that runs in the background and watches a selected folder (and optionally subfolders) waiting for you to add photos to it. When photos appear in the folder, Foldr Monitr automatically uploads them to your Flickr account for you.
Glimmr Flickr Uploader
Glimmr is a photo uploader for the Flickr web service. As an uploader, Glimmr is responsible for editing photo metadata (such as the Title and Description), and uploading the photos to Flickr. Glimmr is written in C#/Mono, an Open Source implementation of the .NET platform, and for the GNOME Desktop. [Sourceforge page]
Flickr Automator Flickr Uploader
No scale, crop, rotate, flip before upload…project is under development…Hey but still its an uploader which does some uploading right from the desktop, right! Its for MAC.
1001 Flickr Uploader (MAC)
1001 is a desktop client which not only uploads photos to your Flickr account, it notifies you anytime new photos from either your contacts, everyone, or your favorite tags are uploaded. It has a screensaver as well for latest photos from Flickr. You do not need to have 1001 installed to use this screensaver. To upload, either drop images on the 1001 icon in Finder or Dock, or open Image Upload…, add images there (with iPhoto import!) or drop images in the image drawer. Tags list is initially empty, but can be filled up with your existing online tags using the sync button. Images you upload can be tagged, resized, rotated, assigned to sets and/or groups and you can also control who sees them, from Public, to only Friends and / or Family.
PhotoUpload Flickr Uploader (Win)
.Net Framework is needed for this app. Features are here:
- Upload photos directly to photoset
- Use IPTC and EXIF fields in Photo description
- Generate tags from IPTC keywords
- Upload to group
- Support for uploading to exsisting photoset
- Retry on errors
UploadrXL Flickr Uploader (Win)
UploadrXL is a program to upload one or more images to Flickr and add them immediately to your Sets of Groups.
- Multi lingual
- Thumnail preview
- Multiple upload
- Adding photo’s to Groups and Sets
- EXIT Reader
- Tag editor
Okie, Dokie…What’s your favorite? Do you use any different Flickr uploader of some custom app.
Hiroshi is a senior web developer, entrepreneur, founder and CEO of TechMynd. You can subscribe to TechMynd's newsletter to receive free software, giveaways, technology news and updates in email. Become our fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter. Got any question? Contact us or visit us on our Google Profile.